• Register
  • Help

Topic: A question concerning the upcoming update

Share/Bookmark

A question concerning the upcoming update

Hello,

in other threads I\'ve read that both the player and the sounds will soon be updated. Wonderful!
    I am really looking forward to dfd. Alone the waiting for minutes until a song gets finally loaded is a pain in the....you know what I mean.

As for the library update: May I hope that the string ensembles in the range from C5-C6 get more samples so that the mickey-mouse-sound will be fixed? I\'ve suggested that already a month ago...I don\'t know if it has been really registered.

Thanks in advance.

Re: A question concerning the upcoming update

bump

Gigalove,

A complete list of the changes to the next version will be posted at the time of the release. Since the possibility of adding streaming without potential legal problems was just confirmed a couple of days ago I do not yet know if that will make it into this update or will come at a later time. On the subject of extra samples: This update will contain some programming changes/additions but will not contain any new samples (which is a more involved process with a product, like GPO, that uses an encoded monolithic file format for its samples). There are plans to include additional samples in a future update but precisely which samples remains to be determined. Whichever samples are added they will most likely all be added at the same time in a single update to simplify the process and ability to deliver the additional data to customers.

Tom

P.S. I guess I should at least be pleased that you called the strings “Mickey Mouse” rather than “Goofy!” Calling them “Goofy” would have brought “Mouska-tears” to my eyes! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tom...

Glad to hear about the upcoming update, and even more so to hear that the DFD is coming eventually as well as future sample updates.

Regardeing the future sample updates, are you guys open for discussion and/or suggestions about it? If it\'s ok to submit suggestions, then where do I best send them?

Read in another post that you directed any problem reporting to Gary...should suggestions for future updates also be directed directly to him...or is it ok to for example start a thread letting everyone have their say? Just wondering.

Thank\'s in advance

Cheers

Rodney

Music noob here. What exactly is DFD?

[ QUOTE ]
    Music noob here. What exactly is DFD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Cerrabore...I\'m also a noob here who doesn\'t know much but just happens to know the answer to your question:

DFD = Direct From Disk, a harddrive sample streaming method used in the Kontakt sampler.

Noob to noob regards [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Rodney

Rodney,

You are certainly free to kick around ideas and suggestions on the forum but it is always best to send them directly to us at gary@harps.com Sending suggestions directly to us makes it easier for us to keep track of them, route them to the correct people, and contact you if we have any questions.

Tom

Ok...thank\'s Tom. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Rodney

Go Back to forum