• Register
  • Help

Topic: How can I preview all these giga files??

Share/Bookmark

How can I preview all these giga files??

Hi All,

I just got a note from Gary that my GOS is shipping, and after doing the snoopy dance, something occurred to me...this library consists of 16 CD\'s, and when I last checked, there\'s really no way to preview individual samples without copying the gigs to your hard drive, then actually loading them into GigaStudio. Aye Carumba! What a nightmare!
    With Akai CD\'s, you can plop one in the cd-rom drive and use something like CD Extract to quickly browse through (and listen to) the sample sets without having to copy them to your HD, but you can\'t do that with the giga format cd\'s. Does anyone know of a workaround, am I just overlooking something, or is this something which needs to be addressed in a GigaStudio upgrade?

Regards,
    Scott

Re: How can I preview all these giga files??

Try the Awave-Studio: http://www.fmjsoft.com/

Why would you want to preview them? I am sure you would like to have all instruments available to use. Also, it is only divided into \'a few\' files, containing many patches each. Get a bigger HD if that is the problem. I just did that to get room for GOS

Hi Simon,

I wish...the library was a financial stretch for me to begin with, so there\'s no budget for a new HD right now. I guess I\'ll have to be a little creative, make some space on my current drives, and keep what I need on hand.

Regards,
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Why would you want to preview them? I am sure you would like to have all instruments available to use. Also, it is only divided into \'a few\' files, containing many patches each. Get a bigger HD if that is the problem. I just did that to get room for GOS <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can keep the lite versions on the hard drive first so you have you\'re work/composing tablet, then load up the full versions as you start to actually work on the sequencing, replacing the lite versions. Also only load up what you will use in the sequence.

Its a pain....but you\'d be doing the same if you had a hardware sampler.... so on that note... get a bigger hard drive Even a slow one jsut so transfering/sopying doesn\'t take as long. (another trickf rom the hardware samplers)

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Hi KingIdiot,

Thanks for the suggestion. I got the library yesterday and realized my original question was a bit of a mute point since the CD\'s basically contain one to three large gigs rather than a whole bunch of smaller ones as I had thought.
    I wound up taking a lot of other stuff off to make room, though I\'ll definitely have to get another HD...Western Digital now has a 100gig \"special edition\" model with a 8mb cache that is suppose to rival a scsi 15,000rpm in speed! I\'ll be saving my pennies.
    I know this has been said before, but what the heck...now I can speak from first hand experience. This is definitely the beginning of a new era for sample libraries. From the packaging and the accompanying material to the amazing quality of the samples, Gary has set the bar pretty darn high for future collections. My head is spinning with possibilities right now, and I haven\'t even started in with the controllers yet!

Regards,
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    you can keep the lite versions on the hard drive first so you have you\'re work/composing tablet, then load up the full versions as you start to actually work on the sequencing, replacing the lite versions. Also only load up what you will use in the sequence.

Its a pain....but you\'d be doing the same if you had a hardware sampler.... so on that note... get a bigger hard drive Even a slow one jsut so transfering/sopying doesn\'t take as long. (another trickf rom the hardware samplers)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

disregard

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-02-2001).]

Go Back to forum