• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hung notes using GPO Studio with Finale

Hung notes using GPO Studio with Finale

I think this has been brought up before, but I honestly don\'t know where. I recently installed GPO (and the Studio) on a new computer. When using the Studio with Finale and I stop the playback in the middle of a series of notes, the last notes played hang and continue to sound. When the phrase ceases on its own, however (when no more notes occur), and Finale continues the playback with the proceeding blank measures the hang does not occur.

Anyone know what the problem is? Have I set up the Studio incorrectly? The Sudio version I\'m using is 1.11 (or 1.1, I can\'t remember which). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

Solved: Hung notes using GPO Studio with Finale

While at MENC I met with some of the leading tech guys of Finale. Finale (MakeMusic) is based in the Minneapolis area so the Finale guys were there in full force. I asked the tech folks about the problem and they offered this quick and easy solution to the stuck notes problem.

In Finale, go to the MIDI menu =>MIDI Thru. In the dialog select \"Smart\" (instead of Off). This prevents the notes from hanging and continuing to sound. I tried it and it worked for me. Let me know if it works for you.

Gary Garritan

Re: Hung notes using GPO Studio with Finale

I was getting this problem but it went away when I downloaded the latest version of the Studio at the weekend.

Incidently, it\'s been a bit of a struggle getting Finale and GPO working together but it has been worth it. Let\'s hope that continuing collaboration will improve the match between these two products in the months ahead.

Re: Solved: Hung notes using GPO Studio with Finale

Did the Finale guys show any interest in facilitating a sweeter Finale/GPO interface in future Finale upgrades?

Go Back to forum