• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS stuff for GPO?

Share/Bookmark

GOS stuff for GPO?

Hi all

I\'ve noticed that there\'s some nice \"extra material\" for GOS that might be useful for GPO users as well?

I\'m specifically thinking about the Ambient Noises and Impulse Responses included in GOS. I know very little about them myself, but I\'ve seen others praise the sound and usability of both.

Would it perhaps be possible in some way for GPO owners to make use of this stuff as well? Maybe you could charge GPO owners for it as an extra addon or something? From what I\'ve heard so far, it might be a very nice and useful addition to GPO.

Thank\'s in advance

Cheers

Rodney

Re: GOS stuff for GPO?

Hmmm, interesting. As a GPO user I could see this being very useful. Well! How about team?

Perhaps we can make some \"extra material\" available to GPO users. I would like to hear from GPO users to know if they would like some ambient files and impulses?

Rodney, do you really think I should charge GPO owners for it as an extra addon? I was thinking of offering some files free of charge to GPO users.

Gary Garritan

[ QUOTE ]
    Perhaps we can make some \"extra material\" available to GPO users. I would like to hear from GPO users to know if they would like some ambient files and impulses?

Rodney, do you really think I should charge GPO owners for it as an extra addon? I was thinking of offering some files free of charge to GPO users.

Gary Garritan

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary,
    I want to know where you came from! I mean, I am overwhelmed by your generosity (not that I would have paid for it anyway) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yuk yuk...
    But seriously! You are truly part of a lost breed if I may. If this happens, may I say thanks in advance? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I think a good idea should be an upgrade path for GPO users to your libraries in development! I\'m very interested on them!
    Very good idea also to give us some addons, incredible customer service!
    thanks again

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guess the rumor of your great generosity isn\'t exaggerated Gary (probably underestimated). Comments like yours sure makes one feel good about being a Garritan customer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As I mentioned, I don\'t know much (actually close to nothing) about this material so I have no idea how much work you put into it, how much it cost you etc.

So I feel it would be very presumptuous of me to assume, or even suggest, that you\'d just give it away for free....that\'s why I suggested you might charge something for it.

Not my intention to insult your generous nature, I assure you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I thank you humbly and sincerely for any material you see fit to grant us.

Cheers

Rodney

The GOS string effects might be a great place to start Gary. They are very useful, very effective and just plain cool.

Perhaps we could offer these, paid or otherwise... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Extra material always welcome! Ambient noises would be cool. I still use the Lexicon Pantheon for my verb, so I don\'t need impulses at the moment (been meaning to check out convolution reverbs, but no time, no time! Waahh!)

If *only* we had a good looped air conditioning hum sample... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- m

My first post, been mostly just reading and trying to learn before asking any questions. Sounds from GOS would be great, but I was also wondering if there is an upgrade path for GPO users? Garry [and the rest of the team], you guys are the main reason I went with this set over the other library[ies]. Your customer service and just everything is great! thank you so much

-jamie

Well I\'ve just been trying WAVES new Convolution \'verb demo and I must say this puppy has changed my views concerning IR \'verb!!!! (check it out bundled with KEYBOARD mag this month. The \'decorrelation\' control really makes the IRs come alive!)

I wish I could afford it, but like all WAVES plugs, it\'s E X P E N S I V E....

I would like the GOS impulses though, very much.

I would LOVE to have a FULL range cello section like the GOS master set! I need the whole top range, a total range of C2 to C6 (with no stretching the top octave!) would be great.

String effects are quite nice to have. Strong and aggresive staccatos for strings AND brass are essential for GPO I believe.

Go Back to forum