• Register
  • Help

Topic: I've finally updated my web page!!

I\'ve finally updated my web page!!

Hey Guys and gals,

Well I\'ve finally updated my web page (is there an echo in here!) I\'ve incorporated the great banner that Alan made for me and I wanted to put up the flash banner, but I\'m a little stupid when it comes to HTML. Plus, the program I used won\'t allow it! \"BLAST IT BIGGS!!! WHERE ARE YOU?\"

Here\'s the address:

Anyway, it\'s up and if anybody knows how I can add the flash please let me know.

Also, I wanted to let you guys (and gals, don\'t want to be sexist here! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) know that I will be adding another film score done with GPO in the next couple of weeks. If you check my site, it will be the next one directed by Jeff Yanik.

OK, please any feedback would be great. If a link doesn\'t work, let me know and I\'ll get right on that. I checked them all and they seemed to work, but it could be just me!

Re: I\'ve finally updated my web page!!

I\'m not too good with html either but here\'s an idea.

Put a .jpg or .gif (that is the exact same size as your .swf file i.e. 800x80) in place of the .swf.
    Then go to the html code and replace the code for the .jpg with the code for the .swf.

replace \"/fakepic.jpg\" with \"/realFlash.swf\"

Check it with a browser and it should be there.

Make sure that you\'ve put your .jpg and your .swf in the same place on your server.

To embed a flash movie into a webpage, you need to use code like this:

<OBJECT classid=\"clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000\" codebase=\"http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0\" WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=133>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE=\"http://www.elderwyn.com/gmusic/movie.swf\">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <EMBED src=\"movie.swf\" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=133 TYPE=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" PLUGINSPAGE=\"http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash\"></EMBED>

You will need to change the items I\'ve indicated in bold ...
    * if you anim needs a modern version of the flash player, you need to change this version number to reflect it. most animations work fine with v5.0.0.0 however.
    * the \"width\" and \"height\" tags to match your animation (done in two places)
    * the URL to your flash animation in the second line
    * the filename of your flash animation in the \"EMBED\" line

A short way of generating the right code is to use Flash\'s \"publish\" function and ask it to create HTML as well - then you can just copy & paste that HTML into your webpage. But if you don\'t have flash, that won\'t help you!

Get back to me if you\'re still having problems.

Yep, I\'m still having trouble. I have the Flash player, but I\'m assuming that I\'d have to have the full blown version of flash in order to have it create the HTML, huh? Doh!

What is the best way to edit the HTML? Can I just open the webpage in Internet explorer, and look at source under the Edit menu? If not, then maybe this is just a loss cause. Too bad though because I would really like to put Mr. Garritan\'s Flash banners on my site.

Jonny [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You need more than IE to edit HTML. You need FrontPage or, better yet, Dreamweaver MX. I can set it up for you on my server if you\'d like if your freebie program won\'t support it... let\'s continue this thru e-mail if you don\'t mind: alan@alanjoseph.com

I\'ve sent you an e-mail.

Orcas Island

Your new web site looks fantastic! Great design and graphics. It looks like you have the GPO flash banner working.

Another film score done with GPO! I can\'t wait to hear it. Let me know if there\'s any way we can be of assistence.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Mr. Garritan,

Thanks alot for the nice compliments. I will have the lock picture in my hands by the weekend. Then I have till next Thursday to write the score because it has to be back in Florida by the weekend. It\'s seems that every film I get, the deadline\'s get shorter and shorter. Oh well.

When I get it done, I will definatly post it here for you guys.

By the way, the countdown to my 100th post has begun!

This is 94! YEAH!!!!!!!

\"I\'m so excited, and I just can\'t hide it.\"

DOH, I forgot, I hate that song.

Jonny [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum