• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale Plug-in for Windows.

Finale Plug-in for Windows.

I developed a Finale Plug-In for Windows for GPO Slur support.

* Inserts CC64 in the appropriate places.
    * Clears CC64.
    * Adjust duration of notes under slurs and outside slurs.

The note adjustment feature is actually beneficial to non-GPO users,
    but it goes along nicely with the GPO Slur implementation here.

Plug-In Name: <font color=\"black\"> Fingar </font>
    File Name: FinGarPlugIn.fxt
    Version: Newborn.
    Date: Apr. 20, 2004
    Programmer: Adam Burford

Get it here:

Re: Finale Plug-in for Windows.

Fabulous! I can\'t wait to try it!

Yes, me too, Adam.

(Although it will have to wait until this weekend).

I tired the plug-in, and I think it is a great idea, both for use in with GPO and in Finale by itself. However, I have noticed one little thing, and I am wondering if I am the only one who gets this result. Example. When I put in 4 quarter notes, slur them, then use your plug-in, the first three notes are all held until the last note sounds, then the others stop. It is just like holding the sustain pedal on a piano until the 4th quarter sounds. Has any one else seen (umm heard) this?

I guess it was just me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I forgot to reset my sustan pedal setting in GPO. I had it on normal. Set it back to Midi controler, and now everything sounds great! I espeically like the ability to shorten the last note of the slur for a more stylized sound! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I\'m glad you\'ve got it working for you! And I\'m glad you like the note-shortener.

If anything else comes up, please let me know.

I got to thinking, for those people writing Piano music in Finale for the GPO playback rather than the notation (like me), using slurs to get Sustain Pedal results may be a viable alternative to inserting the standard pedal notation. And I suggest using measure-attached slurs so that you can position the pedal down and pedal up anywhere you please, not just on notes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I\'ve downloaded it and I\'ll try it tonight.

Go Back to forum