Hello all,
I\'d like to get one of these libraries for GIGA and I\'m trying to find out a little more information then what I have been able to figure out from their websites.

First some basic questions about the SOUNDS: The KHSS demos showed some fast playing, short strokes and heavy accents, which I like. The only VLS demo I could find contained long flowing passages, much like the kind of stuff you can do with GPO. Dose VLS Solo Strings also have the sounds to do short fast aggressive stuff like the Kirk Hunter demos? Is either chromatically sampled? Is either Mono? Is either looped for sustain? Does either have release note samples?

Second, I have a few specific questions about the PLAYABILITY of these libraries. How are the fallowing implemented out of the box? - In other words what do you have to do in real time to make it happen? Roll a wheel, Step on a pedal, Keyswitch by hitting a note beyond the range of the samples, or does a velocity map control it? Or is it something that can\'t be done in real time, but must be added in the sequencer?

1) Alternate bow strokes
in VLS by?
in KHSS by?

2) Go from playing short note samples to playing long note samples
in VLS by?
in KHSS by?

3) Go from playing long accented samples to playing long smooth (legato?) samples
in VLS by?
in KHSS by?

4) Control changes in volume/dynamics
in VLS by?
In KHSS by?

Thanks much for any info, and sorry about the lack of musical terminology - I will also post this in the VLS forum