• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Clarify new upgrades for Kontakt please?

Share/Bookmark

Clarify new upgrades for Kontakt please?

Arrr - Thar be light at the end of thy tunnel Captain? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I managed to find the updates but as usual, confused at the choices. If someone could clarify I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Re: Clarify new upgrades for Kontakt please?

Are you referring to the full fledged Kontakt? There haven\'t been any official updates to the player since the one a few months back. Now I\'m confused. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

No you\'re not confused I am. That\'s most likely what I saw an update to full Kontakt player. There has been so much talk on the forum about update here and update there here an update there an update oh McKontact eee I ee I oh~ What the heck. Then again, who really knows out there! We could be missing the boat and the Germans are pulling das wool over mine eyes ya? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Man I got to get out more often......

Ok, go here and tell me what all this is? This is where I saw a list of updates that confused me. Remember, I am still quite new to all this so it is easy for me to get confused. I really don\'t mean any harm. Just want to stay on top of things, ya know? So try this and set me straight if needed.

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/page.php?id=kontaktupdates_us&type=1

You may attach a file to this post while editing.

I keep telling you I don\'t have a file! How about a screwdriver? Philips or flat?

Those are updates to the full version.

Right. That\'s all I was looking for.
    Thanks.

The full version... I take it this cannot be used with GPO - or? What are the advantages if any?

The full version of Kontakt (a 250 dollar upgrade) will allow you to load other libraries besides GPO. You can load Gigastudio libraries or other Kontakt libraries. There are some programming advantages to the full version of Kontakt as well, namely being able to adjust/modify some of the LFO\'s of the samples. Maybe someone else can elaborate on this as I do not currently use the product.

Yes, I use this with GPO -- biggest advantage (to me) is the DFD extensions.

I can get about 60% more instruments loaded using this, although I guess with experimentation the number can be higher (I haven\'t really taken the time to play with memory settings yet).

What does DFD stand for?

- Jnk

Good question. I was wondering the same. DFD?

Go Back to forum