• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please review my demo mp3

Please review my demo mp3

this is my demo mp3. It is a collage of orchestral pieces, guitar music and some ambient. I want to make music for games.
    What do you think about my music and how can I make it better ?

Thanks a lot

Re: Please review my demo mp3

You can´t make them better [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!!

I konw , I know...They´re just few seconds but , about the orquestral ones (that is my cup of tea) I loved them...
    Maybe next time you could post the whole musics!!!

Hey Vlado, very nice job overall. You may have one or two too many metally crunchy guitar pieces for my tastes. (don\'t get me wrong, I was raised on that shite and I love it!) but if you could replace them with something a bit on the funkier-groovier side, or maybe a rhythmic industrial type track, it would be a more evenly paced demo.
    I also thought the last track wasn\'t right for the ender. You should close with a softer orchestral piece... let them calm down after the assault you just gave them.

the orch stuff is very nice and ballsy tho

It all sounds very good! What libraries did you use? Is it all sampled or is some of it live (some of those guitars have to be live!)? I definitely think you can get into games with this stuff. Congrats!

Awesome! Nice work... great guitar playin\', it\'s interesting with the orchestral bits mixed into the demo.

I agree with christianb. It\'s almost word for word what I was going to write [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
    This demo screams out \"I love electric guitar solo\'s\". That\'s not a bad thing and I know it\'s what you love. I know you are the right man for any game that wants heavy metal/rock guitar based music becasue it is awesome! I also love the orchestral stuff. However I think it gets lost becasue of the \"power\" that the metal/rock tracks evoke. It overpowers the whole demo. So much so, that although I know I loved the orchestral peices I cant remember them at all. Which could be good becasue I\'m about to listen to your demo again.

Overall, Great job.

Absolute top stuff, both the metal and orchestral parts. Good composing, brilliant sound quality. I am impressed.

This is the exact opposite of my showreel [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] exactly the music, I cannot do, (I´m jealous, I want to be able to do everything [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). I think it´s very good for the aim you´re going for (as far as I know the game business), especially your guitar playing is very convincing.
    What surprised me was when I looked to the length indiciation after I was hearing it. It´s 4:30 something, but I felt it much longer. I´m sure my demo has the same problem. This collagework of snippets doesn´t have a form, it´s constantly starting new, with new material. Is anybody out there with a solution to that problem?

Good work,
    - Mathis

Thank you for anwers.

In all my orchesstral pieces I used Ultimate strings,Sam horns and a lot of free samples like G-town/all percussions/,Belad media...All guitar parts are live, becouse I play guitar for a few years [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].The guitar sound is from Line6 POD.

If you want to listen a bit more of my orchestral music,you can find it here: http://vladohudec.szm.sk

In my music I mainly focus on movie orchestral and guitar music.I like it.But this time I start working something with synth, so... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum