• Register
  • Help

Topic: You can use all 64 channels from Finale on Mac

You can use all 64 channels from Finale on Mac

Hey all!
    I got a little tid bit of info that some Finale Mac users may want for using Finale with GPO on the Mac. In Finale on Mac you only see 4 inputs and 4 outputs. This seems to be a problem when using Finale with GPO Studio because of it being set up in 8 sets of 8 channels. There is a way around this. A little known fact about Finale on Mac (at least in OSX) is that you can double up the output ports. The trick is to hold shift when you are assigning the outputs in the Midi Setup window. For example for the channels 1-16 slot in the midi setup window, hold shift and select the GPO Studio 1. Then while holding shift again, select GPO Studio 2 for that same slot. Both should now be selected in the same slot. You can keep going and select more than two on a single slot. I have yet to find the max, but I think it is 4 devices per slot. Once you do this, you have then set up the players in GPO studio to listen to the right channel. From our example above, if we have an instrument on player 2 in the first slot, you will need to have that set to channel 9 so that is responds to the correct signal.
    So there you have it, a few settings in Finale, a few in GPO, and you are set. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

Re: More ports on Finale for Mac

thank you for posting this. A number of Finale users were concerned about the 4 inputs/outputs on the new Mac OSX Finale. I did not know one could double up on the output ports.

At first I thought this was limiting for Mac OSX users but now it seems that this solution provides even more ports/channels than in the previous versions.

Hope you don\'t mind if I include this on the GPO support page.
    Thank you very much for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum