• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is my computer fast enough? 1GB RAM, 3.0GZ BOSENDO

Share/Bookmark

Is my computer fast enough? 1GB RAM, 3.0GZ BOSENDO

Hi, I was wondering if I had enough memory/speed to run a Bosendorfer 290 piano library on my system.

What type of computers are some of you guys running? Does anybody think I\'ll need 2GB of RAM? I\'m running my PT6 rig on the same machine.

Also, what\'s this about people using two computers for the Digital audio workstations? How is it possible to run Gigastudio on one computer and my Pro Tools rig on another?

Re: Is my computer fast enough? 1GB RAM, 3.0GZ BOSENDO

Regarding your computer, its more than enough to run Bosendorfer

Re: Is my computer fast enough? 1GB RAM, 3.0GZ BOSENDO

An older Pentium III with a gig processor and 512 megabytes of RAM is sufficient for running both the 16 bit Giga and 24 bit packaged versions (Kontakt, HALion, EXS24) of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290.

You can run Giga Studio on a separate computer with Pro Tools on the other computer one of two ways... either sending midi out from your Pro Tools computer to your Giga computer with audio being routed back from your Giga computer onto an audio track in Pro Tools on your Pro Tools computer, or the way I used to do it was to do my sequencing in Sonar on my Giga computer with Sonar launched up in Giga and having Sonar slaved to my Pro Tools computer with midi beat clock synchronization. Back when I was using my Pro Tools Mix Plus system (over two years ago) I did not care much for the midi sequencer in Pro Tools 5.1.1. I am sure without a doubt that midi sequencing is much better in Pro Tools 6.x.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum