• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: just curious: how much sold GPO

Share/Bookmark

just curious: how much sold GPO

i have this curiosity...
    how much GPO sold, more or less? i would only intereted in knowing the order of magnitude... 10 copies, 100copies, 1000 copies, 10000 copies??
    and, another matter: how was the sales of GPO compared to the sales of the other virtual instruments/libraries?
    (i don\'t know if this subject is a commercial secret... is i\'m sorry for this request! :-) )

Re: just curious: how much sold GPO

Bosone,

This is a heavily-guarded commercial secret that only my wife Marianne knows (and never tells me) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

Are we selling stock yet? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bosone

My friends and I have a clever little saying for times like this. When somebody is in need of something (in your case, information) we give them a phone number to call. The number is:

654 - GLGI

I hope ya figure it out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- Junk

I\'m not sure how it is in Italy, but asking a company how much they\'ve sold is a little like asking someone how much they earn at their jobs. Here in the U.S. that\'s kind of an impolite question, and one that shouldn\'t be answered.

It\'s a competitive market, and a competitor can use information such as this to put one company at a disadvantage. It\'s similar to why Gary and Co. don\'t want to announce exactly their timetable (or even particulars) for such things as the Big Band thingee -- that only helps the competition.

The important thing for us is for Gary to sell as many products as possible, so we can all reap the beneifts of improvements and other offers. So I hope he sells 1,000,000!

My guess is that Gary has sold a lot, or he has mortgaged his soul to pay for that beautiful full-page ad in this month\'s Electronic Musician. If you can go by the few musicians I know there seems to be a case of GPO fever out here in music land.

But anyway, it’s kind of funny how when you invest a little money and time in something cool, it’s so easy to feel like you have a vested interest the company’s success. I felt that way when I bought my first Mac back in 1984. If I could have counted every Mac sold, I would have.

I know that Gary is very shy about revealing this, but he\'s actually sold seven million copies and counting. He\'s recently commissioned a McDonald\'s style sign to plant on his front lawn. He\'s got a long way to go to catch up with the burger masters, but he\'s determined to beat their record.

Oh, and I believe he recently announced that the ten millionth customer will receive a $10 shopping spree at EWQL.

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and I believe he recently announced that the ten millionth customer will receive a $10 shopping spree at EWQL.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha... Sorry, I just lol\'d for about a half an hour on that one.

haha

Very funny.

- Junk

Agreed.
    How much do you make? LOL!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I know that Gary is very shy about revealing this, but he\'s actually sold seven million copies and counting. He\'s recently commissioned a McDonald\'s style sign to plant on his front lawn. He\'s got a long way to go to catch up with the burger masters, but he\'s determined to beat their record.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum