• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL in Kontakt News

Share/Bookmark

VSL in Kontakt News

For those Kontakters who havent graced the NI Forum in a while, i reprint this message from NI`s Martin Jann regarding Kontakt incorporating the VSL Performance Tools and extra group layers (dimensions) into Kontakt at some point. Its good to know there on top of it...

New post to the NI forum on 2003-11-11, 12:44 h

Hi all,

we know how important the VSL library for Kontakt user is and we will try to do everything to make the integration of the VSL library in Kontakt possible asap. There are two things necessary from our point of view:

1. Kontakt needs to support more dimensions for switching between sample groups or -layers. This is something we are working on and hopefully we will be able to support this features soon. (no word on a timeline though, sorry [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

2. The integration of VSL tools in Kontakt. This is not an easy thing to do as it would mean to make changes to the core heart of Kontakt. Of course we are aware of this issue and we are in contact with VSL to find a good solution.

Even if 2. has not been implemented yet, with 1. solved, I think you already can use the VSL library when ported to Kontakt. On the PC side you could still use the VSL midi tools and route midi via internal midi routing (hubis loopback or midi ox for example) from the VSL tools to Kontakt. On the Mac side there is no simple solution at the moment, unfortunately.

We didn´t forget about you and VSL !

Best,

Martin
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Re: VSL in Kontakt News

Hi, just registered here, and what do I see ;o) LOL

Yeah, I thought it was a good idea to start this thread in the NI forum as I see the strong need for pro-users to be able to user ther VSL Performance Tool in Kontakt. Also, I think it is a win-win situation for both companies.

Hopefully soon something can be worked out between the both of them!

He He Laughing Bear..Well i didn`t think you`d mind as I`m sure sure you feel this topic is of HIGH priority. I find it increadible that NI hasent read the writing on the wall and hasn`t gotten on this sooner as there loosing potential sales to GS,EXS and Halion users. Also, apart from adding in the much needed extra dimensions all they whould have to do is create a New special version of VSL Kompakt that would incorporate the VSL Perf. Tools, much like the QLSO Kompakt modual.Maybe this is harder that it sounds? Moderators?!?! Any insight? Welcome to the forum Laughing Bear.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rich

How many Groups can currently be setup in Kontakt? I haven\'t seen any limit mentioned.

But, Why don\'t they just impliment Bank/Patch change.

Go Back to forum