• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Name That Tune!

Share/Bookmark

Name That Tune!

Really! I am at a loss. I have checked all of the “Baby” books and just can’t come up with a name.

\"Name Me Please!\"

This song was idea I recorded on the fly about a year and a half ago and am just now getting around to doing something with it. The song features the Solo English Horn. I worked hard to get the legato mode just right as well as the expression of the mod-wheel. It’s a step in the right direction….still learning what works and what doesn’t. Any advice is welcome!

I had given a name to the piano recording but upon completing the orchestration the name is ill fitting. When I listen to the piece I can “see” all kinds of images and quickly become overwhelmed and at a loss as to how to express them in the form of short name for the song. So it seemed natural to turn to the many talented musicians here for a little help.

The challenge – Name this Tune! In return I will give you full credit for the name on my website and a link to your site if you have one.
    Thank you in advance.

William

Re: Name That Tune!

Very nice William...

To me it means:

\"Loves Lost\"...remembering the ones that got away
    \"Yesterdays\"...the ones I wish I had back
    \"My Parents\' Youth\"...mine are in the 80\'s, this is what I feel when I see pictures of them when they were in their 20\'s (what I wouldn\'t give for them to be able to go back!)

Thanks for your gift,

Glenn

First, awesome!
    [ QUOTE ]
    When I listen to the piece I can “see” all kinds of images and quickly become overwhelmed and at a loss as to how to express them in the form of short name for the song. So it seemed natural to turn to the many talented musicians here for a little help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Secondly, the first word that came into my mind was \"longing\".
    Man, the way you people on this forum can express yourselves with GPO is incredible. Love the English horn tremendously.
    This just made my morning ciaos go away.

When I heard this beautifull tune I could only picture two couples getting together for the last time .To coin a phrase\" parting is such sweet sorrow\" So in my heart I would name this song . The Last Embrace.

Back Home

TWO couples, music man? Is this some \"menage a quatre\"? Breaking up the bridge club?

Inquiring minds want to know!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Being from the Netherlands I won\'t take a chance on naming the piece.... but I really love it...it\'s great !!!

Ron

Very pretty. I see an elderly couple, soft focus, holding hands, walking together on a sunny spring day. They\'ve been married for many years -- been through everything life can throw at you, yet they are still very much in love.

Call it \"To have and to hold\"

William,

Great composition.

When I hear orchestral music and I\'m trying to name it, I try to put Lyrics to it.

So, here are a few suggested \"lyrics\"..

\"Everyday\"

(English horn melody)
    With the sun rise in the east, and the birds song on the breeze
    I can live, I can love. Ev\'ry day.

As I walked through the wood, close by you is where I stood,
    then and now and always.

That\'s enough for now. I hope you don\'t mind that I wrote these. You have a very lyrical writing style. I could really see this as the centerpiece of an act of a musical.

If you would like, I can finish the lyrics, just for fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jonny
    www.jonnylostinc.com

Do I detect the next great song writing team? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Geezzz John that was beeutiful!

You may attach a file to this post while editing.

Oh for the love of....I don\'t have a file! How \'bout a grinder?

Go Back to forum