• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bundled Cubasis CRASHES, is it RELIABLE ???

In a house

Bundled Cubasis CRASHES, is it RELIABLE ???

I\'ve been experimenting with the GPO bundled Cubasis VST 4.0 and I keep getting weird bugs and just got a major crash on my laptop. I\'ve never had such a crash in a year and half of using it.

Is Cubasis a RELIABLE program???

I am starting to work on a big project and I wonder if I\'ll do it with Cubasis since I\'m getting all those bugs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It\'s nice to have the tutorial song and the 366 pages PDF manual to help but if it\'s not reliable...

Comments anyone

NDEE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Bundled Cubasis CRASHES, is it RELIABLE ???

I don\'t have this particular bundle, but you might want to see if there is an update patch available for Cubasis, update all of your drivers if you haven\'t already, and see if there are any critical updates for your OS.

Cubasis is an abandoned product line of Steinberg. So I doubt that there will be updates. I might be wrong although because the Cubasis bundled with GPO is a special version.

I assume that your trouble has more to do with your configuration/hardware. Give a little bit more details and I am sure you get some help.

All will be good [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

West Seneca, NY

Same thing happend to me a while back. Turned out not to be Cubasis but more a PC issue which the techs resolved. Hang in there you\'re in good hands! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In a house

About the Cubasis up-dates:

I can\'t seem to find ANYTHING about Cubasis on Steinberg\'s website so I guess it really is an abandoned product...

Thanks for asking details, I\'m running Cubasis on a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop, P4, 1.7GHz, 768mb of RAM, 4200 rpm 60Gig with 2 mb buffer HD (I know it\'s a slow HD [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and Win XP home. I\'m using the internal sound card/driver for now but very soon I will buy the Echo Indigo I/O PCMCIA sound card (it supports Asio).

The major crash occured when running 2 tracks of MIDI files (30 sec approx) and checking out the sounds of the Cubasis VST instruments and VST FX. I don\'t think my computer was out of power to run this (!)

Recently I\'ve tried an old version of Cakewalk (Pro Audio 8) on my laptop with the internal sound card and I was able to record at 16 bit/44.1, 14 audio tracks with 12 fx in insert (mostly EQ) and 3 FX in Aux 1,2 and 3 and I used automation for the mix and it worked without a glitch, snap, crackle or pop. This was achived without all the tweaks to optize my laptop so I presume that if I optimize my system I could get even better performance out of it.

I think I\'ll wait until I get the sound card with the Asio driver before \"tweeking\".
    I\'ll see then if it works better.

Since I came to know a bit deeper the world of audio recording/sequencing and mixing on a computer, I realized that it is a HUGE world that involves sooo many elements that you can easily get lost and overwhelmed...

Thanks for cheering me up guys!!!

By the way, I\'m waiting until I get the Indigo sound card to install GPO. I\'ve received GPO over 2 weeks ago and did not install it yet, I just couldn\'t get the sound card earlier so I have to wait until then to run the GPO Kontakt Player with an Asio driver.

So, is this a world record, the longest delay between the reception of GPO and the initial install? (!!!)

Am I entitled to a prize? !!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] !!!

I\'ve seen that some of you received prizes for being the 10 000th and 15 000th poster on the GPO forum...

NDEE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

Welcome to the GPO forum! Sorry to hear you are having problems with Cubasis. I have been using Cubasis on my laptop at trade shows with a problem.
    I use a Dell Inspiron 5150 and have the Indigo card. Getting the Indigo card with the ASIO drivers may help. What a great little card! There is a program called ASIO4ALL which will emulate ASIO drivers for your built-in soundcard which may help in the meantime.

2 weeks is too long to wait. Load GPO and start making music!

Let us know what we can do to help.

Gary Garritan

\"I have been using Cubasis on my laptop at trade shows with a problem.\"

Hmmm, just what problem would that be, Gary ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum