• Register
  • Help

Topic: confused newbie: GOS lite, GPO or other?

Share/Bookmark

confused newbie: GOS lite, GPO or other?

Which package will give me the better string sounds -- I can\'t afford GOS full version -- GOS lite, or GPO? Are there others in similar price range and quality?

Thanks
    AD

Re: confused newbie: GOS lite, GPO or other?

The following answer is giving under the assumption that you *really* are just looking for strings, no time wasted explaining you get a full orchestra with GPO\'s strings:

I would go with GOS lite if you don\'t require solo strings. GOS has the best section strings I have heard yet and I am in love with the effects patches...

However, no solo strings in GOS... the solo strings product is not out, yet.

GPO contains section strings and solo strings, just not as many choices as far as the sound goes, you get short bows and sustain and sustain and short layered... which will be enough for most situations. GOS just has more of a variety in patches.

Either way, I think you will be happy (keep in mind GPO users get a discounted upgrade to GOS, might want to go that route and have both in the future...)

Ok thanks -- how do these compare with the EWQL orchestral sound libraries?

no comment [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hi aadoyle. A simple search of these forums will yield many answers to your question. But be warned - forum members have very diverse points of view, so be sure to listen to the demos and make up your own mind.

Yes listen to the demos. The three from EWQL or the thousands from GPO. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- Junk

P.S. Those figures were slightly exaggerated.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi aadoyle. A simple search of these forums will yield many answers to your question. But be warned - forum members have very diverse points of view, so be sure to listen to the demos and make up your own mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That\'s the best advice I can think of...!

Go Back to forum