• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Viking Saga digression: Ode to Shazbot

Share/Bookmark

Viking Saga digression: Ode to Shazbot

Hi guys

I was so inspired by Shazbot\'s Viking saga that I had to just RIP HIM OFF! hehe, well, not exactly. But I did like his music enough to create one along similar lines. I\'ll say this here, so people don\'t listen to the demo and freak out. I like to include parts of the melody, maybe instrumentation, a motif, SOMETHING, that will remind me of the piece that inspired it. So if the beginning sounds very similar, GOOD! (It\'s only for a few seconds anyways). That said, here is my totally viking, totally inspired, ode to shazbot and his passion for viking sagas:

http://www.evo-games.com/music/S3T134-Another-Victory-Theme.mp3

- Junk

Edit: I should mention that this piece is done MOSTLY with GPO. There are some other non-GPO things in there. Here are the instruments for the curious:

<ul type=\"square\">[*] <font color=\"red\"> Wind </font> : Picolo V Solo,
    [*] <font color=\"red\"> Brass </font> : Tpt 1 Ens 1, Tpt 1 Ens 2, Tpt Overlay, Horn 1 Ens 1, Horn 1 Ens 2, Horn 1 Ens 3, French Horn Overlay F, French Horn Overlay FF, Tenor Tmb Ens 1, Tenor Tmb Ens 2, TBone Overlay
    [*] <font color=\"red\"> Percussion </font> : Timpani Ex, Bass Drum, Cymals, Wind Machine
    [*] <font color=\"red\"> String </font> : Vlns 1 Sus+Short, Vlns 1 Trills W, Violin 3 Guarn Solo, Vlns 2 Sus+Short, Violin 2 Strad Solo, Violas Sus+Short, Violas Trills H, Cellos Sus+Short, Cellos Trills H, Basses Sus+Short, Basses Tremolo[/list]

Re: Viking Saga digression: Ode to Shazbot

Man! this should be good! Darn, I\'ll have to wait till monday to hear it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS - Any lady vikings singing above and beyond soprano? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You\'ll have to wait till monday? Is that Listen-to-viking-saga holiday?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] - Junk

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Naw, actually for some odd reason I can\'t set this pc to download and play music without it buffering every 2 seconds. I kind of gave up on it and use my work lap top to listen to new comps. Moday is a Viking holiday! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You use your laptop to listen to computers?

There is something strange about you.

- Junk

[ QUOTE ]
    You use your laptop to listen to computers?

There is something strange about you.

- Junk

[/ QUOTE ]

Comps - \"Compositions\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Strange? Now there\'s an understatement! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here\'s how strange I can be. I can\'t wait to get to work on Monday just to download and hear your Viking Saga digression. How\'s that for strange? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Hahahahahaha.... you guys are funny [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Write some pretty good music to......to add another understatement)

Hey Junk,

Nice! What are you using for the voices (chorus)?

Hi Styxx

Voices of the Apocalypse. Although, the way I used them in this does a real injustice. It\'s just that, incorporating gigastudio stuff with \"non-gigastudio\" stuff is a real pain in . It\'s like a 10 step process that takes a real long time and frustrates me, so bla. The VotA library is AWESOME!! Much better than the demo might have ya think.

Should I be gloating about how wonderful VotA is in this forum? hehe

- Junk

VotA?

Go Back to forum