• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best Upright Bass?

Best Upright Bass?

I must tired or searching incorrectly, but couldn\'t find anything.

Is there a consensus on the best upright bass for jazz stuff in Giga format?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Best Upright Bass?

It\'s not for Giga, but my favorite upright bass is the one in Trilogy. The string squeaks and pops when you release the keys makes it sound just amazing.

If it\'s gotta be for Giga, Larry Seyer\'s Acoustic Bass is really quite good. If they\'re still there, there were some great demos on Tascam\'s site a while back.

Thanks guys. No, it doesn\'t have to be Giga. I listened to both, and they are both quite good....and different....but Trilogy is just wonderful. Gotta get it...

Another vote for Trilogy here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The acoustic and electric basses are fantastic plus you get a ton of synth basses to play with. (Hence the name Trilogy.)

Many of the synth bass patches can be played up high for dance/urban groove oriented sounds.

Eastern Washington

Having tried them both I think trilogy is unbeatable, larry seyer is good, but trilogy\'s upright is better (I think it sounds more real with less tweeking). I think scarbee\'s j-fingered and j-slap are better than trilogy\'s basses of the same, but thats not the question here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Trilogy period.

If I don\'t use trilogys double bass I usually use a free one from here: http://www.memi.de/echochamber/exs24/exs242.html

I used that free double bass on a demo for Hans Adamsons Cool Vibes.. it\'s awesome for dirty and raw stuff: http://www.artvista.net/Mp3\'s/192%20Kbit/TribleVibe03.mp3

Hannover , Germany

I have had great success with the acoustic bass from VR sound. It sounds natural. It does need some lows eq, depending on the mix of course. A bass player friend of mine was convinced it was real. I am curious why no one else has mentioned it?

Go Back to forum