• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO - Sonar Tutorial is up...

GPO - Sonar Tutorial is up...

The wonderful tutorial by Paul Giangregorio can be read at http://www.fallofautumn.com/GPO-Sonar-Tutorial.htm

Thanks Paul for taking the time to do this, and I understand there are more sections to come! Hope this helps anyone who\'s confused with GPO and Sonar.

Re: GPO - Sonar Tutorial is up...

Thanks for hosting this.

I hope you guys enjoy the tutorial. It was these forums that gave me the motivation to write them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Junk

Re: GPO - Sonar Tutorial is up...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    The wonderful tutorial by Paul Giangregorio can be read at

It is indeed a wonderful tutorial and thanks to Paul for writing it up and posting it.

Is anyone keeping Paul's tutorial up to date?

I found a few differences in my version of Sonar (HS6) when I worked through it:

4 and 6. The choice between DXi and VSTi mentioned in paras 4 and 6 wasn't presented to me. For item 6 I just did "Insert Softsynth" and it worked. Not a complaint (it worked out of the box!) but maybe Sonar is working a little differentlty now than it did in 2004, I don't know.

7. I didn't get the Wet/Dry choice suggested by this section. Just loaded up the instruments and it worked. It sounds pretty dry to me, which of course is what I want, since I want to choose my own reverb at the very end.

10. This was the most confusing part. After several hours of investigation, and some help on these forums, I concluded that Ambience hadn't been installed along with GPO. I had to download it from the Garritan site and move it to a certain folder (don't even remember which one now!) to get it to show up in Sonar.

Hopefully the above will prove helpful to anyone working through the tutorial.
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Go Back to forum