• Register
  • Help

Topic: Automatic VAR1: TenCrazy.com MFX Tweak by Duration

Share/Bookmark

Automatic VAR1: TenCrazy.com MFX Tweak by Duration

From the GPO manual: \"The VAR 1 knob that controls intonation (cc#22) will introduce random tuning variations from note to note. In other works, each time a note is played it will be slightly detuned. The knob can make it unnoticeable to very noticeable.\"

Typically, one makes these adjustments for fast passages, where players don\'t have time to adjust tuning by ear. So I figured, why not create something to do this automatically?

TenCrazy.com MFX Tweak by Duration maps note duration to VAR1 detune amount: you set the thresholds and amounts and the plugin does the rest! It could also be used with other synths as a substitute knob for just about any other CC data.

Add the MFX to the MIDI track that\'s currently taking input and point the output at GPO. MFX Tweak by Duration defaults to modifying VAR1 to allow for controlling tuning variation based on a quarter note value of 960 MIDI ticks. If you want to control another parameter, increase or decrease the variation produced, or set it up for another timing window, then modify the sliders accordingly.

Right now, the transition ramp from short/long note values is linear. I imagine this should scale exponentially, really: something to look for in the future.

Note that my only test platform is SONAR 3: your mileage may vary on other hosts!

Free. Enjoy.

- m

Re: Automatic VAR1: TenCrazy.com MFX Tweak by Duration

Markleford,

This is very clever and useful stuff you are doing. Nice.

Tom

Markleford,

This is ingeneous. Intelligent variability based on duration. Absolutely brilliant!

Thanks for doing this.

Gary Garritan

Markelford,

Thanx a lot for yet another very usefull plugin.

Glad y\'all like! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now, if only I could get down to making an actual composition with this stuff...

Have fun,
    - m

Re: Automatic VAR1: TenCrazy.com MFX Tweak by Dura

I am so glad Gary generously gave you a copy of GPO -- it\'s reaping rewards for all of us (and in an infintesimally small way I feel just a tiny little bit responsible).

This is very neat, Markelford -- I hope your new job gives you enough time to keep creating presents for us. <g>

Markleford...just wanted to say thank\'s for all the great utilities you\'ve made...very ingenious and most useful. Much appreciated indeed. Thank\'s. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Rodney

Go Back to forum