• Register
  • Help

Topic: Computer Shopping!

Share/Bookmark

Computer Shopping!

Okay ladies, I\'ve been itching to buy some new giga machines, but I\'m a bit ignorant to what I should get.

I need a computer that\'s reliable, generally quiet, and fairly powerful. 1.5 gigahertz, 1-1.5 gigs of ram.

You guys have any suggestions? Should I build my own machine? How are the Shuttle computers? They seem very nice, small, compact, do they work fine for giga?

Thanks in advance! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Computer Shopping!

I assume that \"1.5Ghz\" was just a mistake.

As some of you know, I use 3 Shuttle system. I don\'t have any problem with them. I don\'t use Giga in them, though.

It wasn\'t a mistake. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] To be honest, I\'m not sure what computer speed would suffice for a giga setup. I was attracted to the shuttle computers due to its small size.

You know Aaron. The version 3 is comming. I remember someone said that it is optimized for Pen.
    Thinking about the future and other use of the computer, I recommend that you get Pen IV 2.44Ghz or higher.

\"Penny wise and pound foolish\" Unfortunately, it is true in most of computer staff.

If I buy a computer today, I\'m afraid that the next day they\'ll be shipping the 64-bit systems . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Like someone said, 2.4Ghz ... I\'d go with 2 gigs of RAM.

I recommend ABSPC.COM when you do build your Giga systems! Good parts, fully customizable, cheap.

[ QUOTE ]
    If I buy a computer today, I\'m afraid that the next day they\'ll be shipping the 64-bit systems . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]sure, i think that it\'s worth to wait until 64bit and SATA are mainstream, in fact I\'m not upgrading anymore until that happens

Go Back to forum