• Register
  • Help

Topic: WIP track.

WIP track.

I started this track last night... still early days, a few hours work.

EDIT <see link below for updated track....>

Hope you enjoy!

Re: WIP track.

It is a nice start. I would work on expression. It all sounds like similar vol\'s and vel\'s.

Nice sound, specially the high end. The style reminds me of Elfmann, dunno why because I can\'t remember any similar piece in his soundtrack

A couple of small issues: left channel, second 29-30 (when the harp gliss), sound saturated here, and the instruments to the left in 36-37 making #f-#g are too near imo. By the way, apart from that, the depth is really good, like the ambience of the strings specially

Thanks, I had a quick play last night and added some more urgency to the beginning and some extra orchestration, still getting to grips with VSL,

New track....

I\'ll have a look at that saturated area tonight when I get home, I see what you mean, might even be a little distortion there... mixing something too high I think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That\'ll be because I would have to load in the VSL pp & mp samples (!) thats the primary annoyance with VSL... most of the patches are only one dynamic, which is a right pain! (don\'t get me wrong tho... I love the library!) I might try and combine some patches in GSedit sometime [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

you cant combine the legato patches. The problem is Gigastudio only allows for a certain number of Dimension splits (this includes Velocity splits). The legato patches use all the dimensions (actually more with creative sample mapping)

great tune

Lets hope GS 3 does away with that

it will

Ah... shame,

actually... one thing I really do like about GOS is the Mod wheel dynamics, I found that very useful. Roll on GS3 then eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

a while way back, I made some dynamic patches for the VSL perf legatos, but it required two midi channels (layering ports, or dualing MIDI track input in your sequecner), and inverting one modwheel controller. Works great [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but its a pain in the [censored] at the same time, since it takes multiple MIDI channels.

I plan on making some very custom patches for VSL at some point. Once I get into testing more of Max\'s GVA next week. And also if AMP starts to show up there will be some chaos in the mad world of programming

Go Back to forum