• Register
  • Help

Topic: Three Inventions for Piano

Share/Bookmark

Three Inventions for Piano

I have rendered these 3 inventions in Bach\'s style which I did some time ago, now that I have a decent piano [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    They were made in Sibelius 1 (the performance is by the Sibelius play engine) and the tempo rit\'s were introduced in Cakewalk
    I have used the Steinway dry patch and very little reverb was added afterwards since I wanted them to sound near and intimate

Invención I
    Invención II
    Invención III

Re: Three Inventions for Piano

Guybrush,

I liked the Invencion 2 the best. It would be even better if it wasn\'t so very quantised in terms of note start and also note length although you can get away with the former in Bach style more than others. I think that a bit of pedalling would help too.

Nice though!

Frank

[ QUOTE ]
    although you can get away with the former in Bach style more than others

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, I agree, I always thought of some of the bach inventions to sound mechanical [but in a good way]. to me, just reminds me of early \"primitive\" experiments on music creation. And when I say primitive, I dont mean it in a way that we are way above and past all that, but in a way that to me, it reminds me of early beginings of modern tonal music. I don\'t know, it\'s hard for me to explain =P

-jamie

Guybrush,

Excellent! I enjoyed listening to your Inventions. (When I listened I watched your avatar play). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The fact that they were made in a notation program makes it even more special.
    It doesn\'t get much purer than the contrapuntal style of the Bach inventions.

Thanks for posting these. Would you mind if it finds its way to the GPO site?

Gary Garritan

Thx for you kind comments. Sibelius does a great job performing this kind of music
    [ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for posting these. Would you mind if it finds its way to the GPO site?Gary Garritan

[/ QUOTE ]It will be a pleasure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum