• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Strings import great using VSampler!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Strings import great using VSampler!

Hi,

A lot of you probably already realize this but I was pleasantly surprized by this find!

I just upgraded to Sonar 3.0 which includes VSampler 3. I just wanted to mention how well VSampler handles multiple Garritan articulations! I know GigaStudio is the best at this, but wow!.. this Dx plug-in really does the job, and because it\'s all handled within Sonar, allows for better dynamic and effects manipulation. Nice job VSampler! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Garritan Strings import great using VSampler!

Does it import them natively, or do they need to be converted to another format first? I\'m very interested in the current GOSlite offer but don\'t really want to have to buy Gigasampler as well because I only have one computer.

G.

Vsampler will import .gigs natively. Last I knew, however, it wasn\'t clear whether any disk-streaming was going on (I think not, however), so you do need a great deal of RAM.

Have you had any luck with modwheel crossfades? I have had no such luck using VOTA in Vsampler. I was hoping it would be a good Giga-replacement, but it hasn\'t been so great for me with larger samples.

--Eric

I actually use GOS lite. Again it does import natively. I believe it does disk stream because it creates its own folder of multi-samples when it can no longer load them into Ram. As far as crossfading, I\'m not sure. Thus far I\'ve only setup a GOS Full String SusV, Marcato, Tremolo, and Pizzicato ensemble. Interestingly though in the same patch, I\'m using one VOTA sample set (Womens Choir) and Dan Deans Cello Vibrato. Using these, I cannot hear ANY difference in sound quality between VSampler and GigaStudio... not so using Kontakt for giga (which I only use for piano now)

Hope this helps...
    Jon

Regarding disk-streaming, I believe that\'s supposed to be added in VSampler 3.1. Last I checked it was still in beta.

[ QUOTE ]
    Regarding disk-streaming, I believe that\'s supposed to be added in VSampler 3.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that right?... now I\'m really impressed! I\'m running VS 3.04 which I think is the latest. It sure runs like it\'s streaming data. Also, I\'ve only got 1Gb of PC3200 Crucial on my system (with a Seagate 7200 audio-only HD). You\'d think there\'d be a bottleneck considering all the sample sets I\'m able to run concruently.

Jon

Go Back to forum