• Register
  • Help

Topic: Saving in Cubasis to SMidi 01?

Share/Bookmark

Saving in Cubasis to SMidi 01?

I\'ve been trying to save to standard midi file in Cubasis. Each time I do I cannot find the midi file. What am I doing wrong? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Saving in Cubasis to SMidi 01?

I assume you know it is FILE..EXPORT..MIDI FILE to get the MIDI file saved as a MIDI File? Then you choose a name and a place to store it. ARe you saying it is not there when you check (say in Explorer), or you can\'t find it to re-open in Cubasis? If it is the latter don\'t forget it is FILE...IMPORT...MIDI file to get it back in. I\'m sorry if that all is too obvious, but it is all I can think of at the moment! The only other thing - I know the position of the locators affects how much AUDIO it exports, but didn\'t think it would affect MIDI export.

Sal,

Make sure you choose the proper destination for the file. If you don\'t then it saves it somewhere in the Steinberg folder in your programs file on your C drive. When exporting, this would be the first thing you need to do. It brings up a box showing where the default save point is and you need to direct it elsewhere. I\'m pretty sure you only have to do this once. Hope this helps and doesn\'t confuse!

Thanks Low,
    Yeah, actually I did exactly what you discribe and nothing.
    I know the position of the locators affects how much AUDIO it exports, but didn\'t think it would affect MIDI export.
    Good question.

You know, you may have something there! I didn\'t check in the Sienfeld folder. I\'ll have to when I get home.

PS - I\'ve been sad all day over the loss of my two favorite stars.....
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum