• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO = Blue Screen Baptism !!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO = Blue Screen Baptism !!!

Hi GPO people,

I just installed GPO and listened to the sounds in Stand Alone mode and got 6 crashes in about 1 hour [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (3 Blue screens and 3 \"GPO needs to close, do you want to send an error report to Microsoft\"...)

Never had a single blue screen since I got this computer (1 year and a half)

I went to the NI website for a Kontakt player update but the update version is the same as the one I have already install (Kontakt Player version 1.0.2.008)
    I also sent an email to NI support and I am waiting for an answer.

What shall I do next? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any ideas on tweaks to do to get my computer back to normal and get GPO to work??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

My set-up:

Dell, P4, 1.7GHz, 768 mb RAM, XP home service pack 1, Echo Indigo i/o sound card with Asio driver, M-Audio Radium keyboard.

NDEE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: GPO = Blue Screen Baptism !!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Dell, P4, 1.7GHz, 768 mb RAM, XP home service pack 1, Echo Indigo i/o sound card with Asio driver, M-Audio Radium keyboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it shouldn\'t be the relative strength of your system, as yours is virtually identical to mine, except that I have an Echo Mia. GPO has worked just fine on my computer, so it\'s gotta be something particular to the setup or settings. Hang in there! I\'m sure you\'ll get it worked out.

Thanks Shazbot !!!

NDEE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Most of the time the BSOD is caused by incompatibilities with the display driver (strange but true). It certainly can, however, be caused by an improperly installed or otherwise flaky audio driver. Here\'s a quick list of things to check:

1) Make sure that your BIOS chipset is manufactured by Intel. Echo products historically have had incompatibility problems with other-than-Intel chipsets, especially VIA. This may have not caused a problem until you start using the low level ASIO driver, which you are encouraged to do with the NI Kontakt player. If the BIOS isn\'t Intel, check with Echo to make sure they support the BIOS you do have.

2) Make sure you have the latest DirectX (I think it\'s 9.0a or 9.0b), display driver and audio driver versions. You didn\'t mention what video card you have, but if it\'s a Dell box, then I\'m betting it\'s an ATI card. You can get the latest drivers for ATI from www.ati.com and the audio drivers from www.echoaudio.com.

It\'s not out of the ordinary for a new application to freak a previously stable system out. Application developers will use any shortcuts or other assorted witchcraft to get performance out of their apps. Sometimes this creates incompatibilities with outdated drivers, or sometimes even new drivers.

-E

The red monitor flashes in the corner of the desk in stately Sample Manor, ancestral home of trillionaire Gary Garritan and his youthful ward, Jeff Hurchalla, true identities of GPO-Man and MIDI-boy.

\"Holy Echo Indigo\", MIDI-Boy exclaims, \"a message from NDEE on the GPO forum\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

\"It looks like Blue Screen is at it again! That diabolical devil has returned to plague the fair computers in NS City\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] added GPO-Man.

\"That could spell megahurts. Check your Utility Belt and see if we can help NDEE get rid of the evil Blue Screen.\"

\"Yes, I think we can help NDEE!\", exclaimed MIDI-Boy, \"but he has to call us on the GPO-Hotline or PM us and hopefully we\'ll vanquish Blue Screen once and for all!\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

------------------------------------

TUNE IN AGAIN TO SEE IF NDEE CONTACTS GPO-MAN AND MIDI-BOY AND ELIMINATES BLUE SCREEN!

SAME GPO-TIME, SAME GPO-CHANNEL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

LMAO.

NDEE
    As you can see you are in excellent hands. CRAZY BUT EXCELLENT! Take it from me, I\'ve had more problems and most if not all are related to my PC set up or just plain me. I can assure you its not the Garritan.

Hey Easy Rhino thanks for the tips!!!

I have a question regarding the BIOS thing (I have absolutely no idea what da hell BIOS is!!!),

you wrote:

Make sure that your BIOS chipset is manufactured by Intel.

I found this in my SYSTEM INFO :

HARDWARE: BIOS Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation

Are you refering to this BIOS HARDWARE thing or the motherboard chipset?

I called Dell to check up with them about the motherboard chipset since I could not find this info by myself. According to them my Inspiron 8200 laptop should have an Intel 845 mp chipset (it\'s a Mobile Intel Pentium 4 - M CPU 1.70GHz) so it should be compatible with the Echo Indigo i/o pcmcia card (?).

I have also updated/reinstall the drivers you where talking about (Directx 9.0b, Echo Indigo i/o and also my NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go video card) and it seems that things have stabilized cause nothing crashed for the past couple of hours.

I have yet to try GPO again to see if all is OK...

Thanks again for all the info!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

NDEE

Gary,

This is sooo funny I almost fell of my chair!!!

I will contact you after trying out Easy Rhino\'s suggestions.

...AND DON\'T MISS THE NEXT EPISODE OF

<font color=\"red\"> </font> GPO MAN &amp; MIDI BOY

will GPO MAN &amp; MIDI BOY get rid of the EVIL BLUE SCREENS

or will <font color=\"red\"> </font> ANGRY NDEE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

throw is laptop in the garbage??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NDEE,

To put an end to Blue Screen\'s dastardly plot, take a look at your Audio Devices and select ASIO. If that\'s not working try DirectSound Virtual out on your Indigo.

TAKE THAT...BLUE SCREEN...

Gary Garritan [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum