• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio with 1.5Gb

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio with 1.5Gb

I have a problem records when position instruments with gigastudio. before tapeworm 1Gb of ram and loaded until a 95% of the total memory without problems, I added a new Kingston of 512Mb
    yesterday and now single it can loads until a 62%, Gigastudio says that it does not have but memory to load this instrument.
    As it is the problem?
    my system:

Intel P4 3 GHz (Hyperthreading is already disabled)
    1.5 GB of RAM
    C:\\ 80 GB IDE (Win Xp os)
    D:\\ 80 GB IDE (for giga intruments)
    MAudio Audiophile pci

Re: Gigastudio with 1.5Gb

62% now in your 1.5GB machine should be about the same as 95% in your 1GB machine, roughly about 530MB (memory load of the msg32.exe process according to Task Manager in XP). I researched this last summer with the help of fellow forum members on the VSL forum and the solution is to be found here in the \"The Tweak\" section.

/Mattias

thanks Mattias!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    62% now in your 1.5GB machine should be about the same as 95% in your 1GB machine, roughly about 530MB (memory load of the msg32.exe process according to Task Manager in XP). I researched this last summer with the help of fellow forum members on the VSL forum and the solution is to be found here in the \"The Tweak\" section.

/Mattias

[/ QUOTE ]

insteresting!

can u explain how the LoadTimeOptimizer works?

Well...you start it and enjoy the reduced load times. For many instruments it reduces the load time to a third.

The \"theory\" behind it is simple. The VSL team mentioned they had found that opening the properties dialog for the file currently loading while Giga seemingly had fallen asleep released the process for a while. I wrote a program that accesses this file repeatedly every 20ms or so since Giga seems to take small naps all the time even when it seems to work good... To automate the process completely I then wrote some lines that automatically detects when GS is loading a file and the file name for the file.

/Mattias

are u a genius ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Well...you start it and enjoy the reduced load times. For many instruments it reduces the load time to a third.

The \"theory\" behind it is simple. The VSL team mentioned they had found that opening the properties dialog for the file currently loading while Giga seemingly had fallen asleep released the process for a while. I wrote a program that accesses this file repeatedly every 20ms or so since Giga seems to take small naps all the time even when it seems to work good... To automate the process completely I then wrote some lines that automatically detects when GS is loading a file and the file name for the file.

/Mattias

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the stupid question , but I was thinking that if your little program really work so good why u don\'t ask to Tascam to include it in the new Gigastudio 3 ? You could earn some money !

[ QUOTE ]
    are u a genius ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sure, but obviously not enough to be able to live completely on my music... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I\'ve been developing software professionally now for 10 years specifically for the Win32 platform and it isn\'t exactly voodoo... That little app took maybe 3 hours to write all in all.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry for the stupid question , but I was thinking that if your little program really work so good why u don\'t ask to Tascam to include it in the new Gigastudio 3 ? You could earn some money !

[/ QUOTE ]
    They are well aware of both the optimizer app and the registry tweak. Maybe Santa is kind enough to visit us up here next Christmas (bad negotiation tactics to mention it took only 3 hours to do)... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/Mattias

[ QUOTE ]

They are well aware of both the optimizer app and the registry tweak.
    /Mattias

[/ QUOTE ]

why???

the optimizer works well, I have\'t tried yet the tweak, I\'ll do in the next days

Go Back to forum