• Register
  • Help

Topic: BIG Orchestral tutti's

Share/Bookmark

BIG Orchestral tutti\'s

Deep down, while a modernist of sorts, I also like really BIG sounding climaxes and accents. I decided to begin a composition with no small amount of bombast and set out in Cubase SX, HALion (for GOS/Lite) and GPO to see what I could do.

Here\'s the current MP3 160K \"preview\" .

Comments and suggestions gratefully accepted. The voices used here are: [1] Organ/flutes, [2] Tubular Bells, [3] French Horn 2 Ens, [4] Tenor Trombone Ens, [5] Snare Drum, [6] Bass Drum, [7] Tuba, [8] Bassoon solo, [9] Violins 1 Lush, [10] Timpani EX (the first 10 from GPO), [11] full strings Maracato and [12] full strings pizzicato (last two from GOS/Lite in HALion).

My eventual object is to be able to produce tutti on a scale of Mahler, so I\'m trying to shake down the technical elements and learn towards that end.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] kev

Re: BIG Orchestral tutti\'s

[ QUOTE ]
    BIG Orchestral tutti\'s

[/ QUOTE ]

With that subject phrase, I was expecting lots of short tuba blats and subsequent match lighting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But seriously, nice accents and an interesting start for this piece. The only thing I wonder about is that the accents have a nice reverb space to them, but everything else is very dry.

Hi, Shaz - -

I\'m still placing with the ambience of the \"hall\". I have been using some Cubase SX reverb on the \"accents\" (as you call them) but haven\'t yet applied that to the whole \"orchestra\". (There is a tuba bleat there about 4 times -- so far!). I woke up this morning with some additional direction for the piece (after the accented opening) and will likely post an updated version later.

Thanks for your observations!

kev

this is a very nice composition...from the title i expected it to be something that\'s going to be voilent in nature, but what i heard was a great mellow surprise. you have done an excellent job of developing the tension that actually never builds up and keeps listener just at the edge...it\'s like these are the perfect waves of love that is somehow boiling inside, but never errupting. i really love this piece.

Go Back to forum