• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite and Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

GOS Lite and Kontakt

Hi,
    I have a couple of questions regarding GOS Lite and Kontakt.

- Have anyone tried to port GOS Lite to Kontakt ? Is it a 100% port (e.g. including Keyswitch..) ?

- Is it better to port the library from the Giga version or from the Akai version ?

- Which tool has o be used to make this port ? cdXtract, CS translator ?

Thank in advance

GF

Re: GOS Lite and Kontakt

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi,
    I have a couple of questions regarding GOS Lite and Kontakt.

- Have anyone tried to port GOS Lite to Kontakt ? Is it a 100% port (e.g. including Keyswitch..) ?

- Is it better to port the library from the Giga version or from the Akai version ?

- Which tool has o be used to make this port ? cdXtract, CS translator ?

Thank in advance

GF

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that if you have the latest version of Kontakt (1.5.2) that you would be able to do the import directly. NI put a nice bulk import function that seems to get everything, but I\'ve only done BiggaGigga\'s Acoustic Essentials, nothing with GOS yet. I converted GOS to HALion several months back and have used that whenever it was needed. However, the 6 and 12-string guitars in AE translated perfectly, so keyswitches seem to be alright.

H3

I converted most of the GOS library to Kontakt using Kontakt 1.5.2. The conversion was quite good. Cross-fades, keyswitches and other cool programming options work pretty much as I remember in the Giga version. I\'d imagine that GOS Lite should come over quite well as the programming is not quite as deep. Some release levels and velocities were slightly different but not objectionable. Now I\'m enjoying GOS as a VST!

Thanks Houston Haynes and Haydn
    GF

P.S. It seems that this post only interest \"H\" guys...

Go Back to forum