• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yamaha C7 demo anywhere? (or good pop/rock piano?)

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha C7 demo anywhere? (or good pop/rock piano?)

I\'ve been looking around for a pop/rock piano for a project beginning next week and I\'ve got my eye on the C7 but was surprised to not be able to find a demo of it on PMI\'s site or Sounds Online. I don\'t understand how you\'re supposed to buy a library you can\'t sell if you don\'t like if you can\'t even hear it to begin with!

I\'ve searched the archives and have not been able to locate anything promising. Perhaps I\'ve missed something however. Ideally the piano will be in Kontakt format or will import well into Kontakt. (I know, the C7 sounds ideal...... but there\'s no way I\'m buying something without hearing it first)

At any rate I\'m not a pianist, I\'m producing a good one though and I\'d be open to any comments regarding available piano libraries in the pop/rock idiom. This particular project leans more to an adult contemporary kind of rock with a little country thrown in. The pianist plays in a honky tonk and an uptown blues, R&B style. The piano will need to sit well in a full mix situation. Drums, bass, guitar, steel, harmonica, accordian, vox, BGV etc.

thx
    esteso

Re: Yamaha C7 demo anywhere? (or good pop/rock piano?)

Hi there,
    If you want to listen to some demos for the PMI C7 you can simply do so on the PMI Website (www.postpiano.com) click on the C7 product and select demos.
    Here is the direct link to the C7 demo page:
    PMI C7 demo page

Hi Esteso,
    Please consider our Ultimate Yamaha C7 library, we have numerous high quality demos for you to listen to www.vintaudio.com

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

In addition to the pianos already proposed you should definitely check out White Grand from http://www.sampletekk.com.

/Mattias

[ QUOTE ]
    ...... but there\'s no way I\'m buying something without hearing it first)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Esteso.

You can actually download a full 2 octave (plus all the C\'s) demo of the Gigastudio version of the White Grand from The White Grand Resource Page
    It\'s BIIIG, but so is the full piano. Then you, or the pianist, can try the sound out in a mix for yourselfs.

Re: Yamaha C7 demo anywhere? (or good pop/rock pia

IF you are looking for a really bright Yamaha studio grand sound, I don\'t think any library yet nails that sound. You know,... the bright LA session kinda C7.
    The white grand is great but it sounds nothing like a studio C7. (nor was it intended to I imagine)

Vintaudio\'s C7 is a thicker warmer C7 that I personally like a lot. With EQ it gets pretty close but its definately one of the warmest C7s I have heard.

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your responses.

Michiel, I don\'t know how I could have missed that whole demo page! That Bos 290 sounds fantastic. In a funny way I think it might work with a high pass filter and tying the pianists left hand behind her back. Just kidding. I\'m actually just looking for an excuse to buy it. I\'ll buy it sooner or later I\'m sure.

Frankie, I\'m thinking the Upright collection might be a little closer to the sound i\'m looking for than the C7. Not sure, but great sounding instruments all the same.

Worra, the way you do business mixed with the quality of your instruments is an unbeatable combination. The White Grand sounds fantastic! I\'m downloading your demo samples as we speak. (write) Too bad the Kontakt samples aren\'t up for grabs yet but that\'s how the cookie crumbles. I need this to be available for the pianist by Tues. AM. She does not believe that a sample library can sound that good and is really pushing for a live thing (Baldwin Baby Grand in a not too good room) I\'m thinking I can change her mind but we shall see. I hope I can translate the .gig files into .nki without issue.

It\'s very telling how various producers demo their libraries and the only guy that put anything resembling a Rock thing up on the site was Worra. This tells me that nobody except Worra really expects their pianos to be used in a Rock setting. This is fine of course. These instruments stand on their own merits but I think there is an untapped market here.

regards
    esteso

Bruce Richardson....where are you???

Bruce was raving about a piano some months back for pop stuff.....what was it????Anyone remember??? Bruce???

[ QUOTE ]
    Too bad the Kontakt samples aren\'t up for grabs yet but that\'s how the cookie crumbles. I need this to be available for the pianist by Tues. AM. She does not believe that a sample library can sound that good and is really pushing for a live thing (Baldwin Baby Grand in a not too good room) I\'m thinking I can change her mind but we shall see. I hope I can translate the .gig files into .nki without issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact me at per@sampletekk.com and I\'ll help you with the Kontakt version!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Tom,

It was White Grand. Very nice.

Pop\'s a big word, though. I also like the original EastWest Bosendorfer 275 for some pop work. It all depends on the overall mix concept.

Bruce

Go Back to forum