• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mouse question

Mouse question

Hi folks,

Here\'s somewhat of a peculiar question for you: I\'m a long time Mac user who\'s bought a couple of PC\'s to run GigaStudio in standalone mode. My Mac and PC\'s all use the same keyboard, mouse and monitor by connecting to a KVM switchbox.

I use the USB keyboard that came with the Mac and it works fine. So does the monitor. The problem comes with the mouse, as a 2-button mouse is pretty much essential for working in Windows. However, we Mac users simply love our one-button mice, and those of us who just bought 2 PC\'s, 2 Midi interfaces, 2 sound cards, one KVM switch and a lot of software and sample libraries to run GigaStudio are also flat broke and don\'t even have 50 bucks left to spend on a new 2-button mouse. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Better financial times will come back, but in the mean time, does anyone know if some adventurous programmer ever wrote software that would allow me to use modifier keys with a one-button mouse click in order to get the contextual menus on screen? On the Mac, we use the control key with a mouse click to get contextual menus. Anything that could let me do something similar in Windows (98SE)?

Oops sorry, gotta go back outside. I see a car whose windshield needs washing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Mouse question

I don\'t know of any software fixes, but the last time I looked a mouse is less than 50 bucks--more like 15. And that was a Microsoft one, go figure.

Go Back to forum