• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 160/MOTU 828mkII-Can't hear gigastudio

Gigastudio 160/MOTU 828mkII-Can\'t hear gigastudio

I was able to hear my gigastudio 160 samples through the main outs of my MOTU 828 mkII before but now can only hear them through the headphones (the meter lights for the main outs don\'t light when I use gigastudio which shows that there is no sound being sent through them, but I can see that the meters in gigastudio do light when I hit notes on the virtual keyboard in giga). I can still hear music through the main outs but can\'t hear any giga samples through the main outs when use gigastudio.
    I hadn\'t used my computer to write any midi sequences in Sonar 2.2 XL or Logic for about 3 weeks but when I went to try out my new VOTA collection I found that I couldn\'t hear the samples through the 828\'s main outs. These are the only things that I remember doing on the computer since the last time I used gigastudio:
    1.) Installed a new NEC 2500A DVD Burner
    2.) I tried using the VOTA free utility (I don\'t know how to use it so I could have changed something in the computer) After this, I went to gigastudio and found that gigastudio could not be heard through the main outs. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tried many things that didn\'t work and even reformatted my harddrive, reinstalled Windows XP, reinstalled gigastudio, reinstalled MOTU updated drivers, and nothing else. I still find that there is no sound coming out of the main outs. I even bought a new unit to see if that might be the problem, but no, that didn\'t work. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Anyone with suggestions? MOTU tech support didn\'t help so hopefully somebody else came across this same problem and found the fix.
    Any help is always appreciated,

Re: Gigastudio 160/MOTU 828mkII-Can\'t hear gigastudio

I had the same problem before.
    This is the Giga output scheme I heard from MOTU tech support.
    This will help you.

Giga output scheme:
    1,2 = Phones 1-2
    3,4 = Analog 1-2
    5,6 = Analog 3-4
    7,8 = Analog 5-6
    9,10 = Analog 7-8
    11,12 = Main Outs 1-2
    13,14 = S/PDIF 1-2
    15,16 = ADAT 1-2
    17-,18 = ADAT 3-4
    19,20 = ADAT 5-6
    21,22 = ADAT 7-8

Re: Gigastudio 160/MOTU 828mkII-Can't hear gigastudio

I just wanted to say thank you for the search feature of these types of forums. I was having the exact same problem and wondering why I didn't see the options to select Motu 828Mk2 Main Outs. They didn't even list the answer above on their support site. Matter of fact they don't mention gigastudio at all on their support site.

Go Back to forum