• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS lite - Full Kontakt Player

Share/Bookmark

GOS lite - Full Kontakt Player

Once I receive GOS lite I understand I will need to upgrade to full kontakt player. Is this a download upgrade or an entirely separate player? Also, what should I be ready for as far as the differences? Do I have to re-set all the I/O\'s, latency, and or midi channels or does Full Kontakt Player recognize the previous settings?
    Dahhhh! I feel so inadequate sometimes. It\'s a darn good thing there are intelligent people on this forum or I would be toast!

Re: GOS lite - Full Kontakt Player

You will get a package in the mail -- it has the full player (and can\'t be downloaded).

I just installed it and it now shows up as a VST or standalone and works without further settings for me (although you can now load 16 instruments instead of 8).

Cool! 16 instruments? Does it come with bratwurst too? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Wait, I thought I had to pay extra for the Full version? Yes, No, Maybe, not? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sal,

Let me be clear -- I am talking about the upgrade to the full Kontakt (which you asked about). You pay $250 and NI sends you the package with the whole thing.

It also comes with some great samples (guitars and other percussion) that don\'t overlap GPO.

Oh oh! Gonna have to wait....till I get back home tonight! Everythings gonna be alright.
    Ok, I\'ll have to wait before I can swing that. You don\'t have to do it right away right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The only thing you need to do right away is get GOS Lite... <g>.

I use GOS(Lite) with <font color=\"blue\"> HALion </font> and imported/converted from GIGA format (which was about a 45-minute process, if I remember correctly). Works like a charm (once you\'re conversant with the HALion \"import\" process). (I typically use GPO and GOS/HALion together with Cubase SX.)

my $0.02 ... kev [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum