• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 10 new countries in Europe ! ! !

Share/Bookmark

10 new countries in Europe ! ! !

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I don\'t know if you talk about it in America, but, here in Europe, this is an historical day !

In around two hours now, the European Union will count 25 States...

The biggest extension since the EU history...

Any European newcomer on NNS ?

Just want to say welcome to them...

The French dyslexic who speaks badly English, but hope in Europe construction...

Re: 10 new countries in Europe ! ! !

I only hope the people in those countries are not dissappointed. With the EU talking about \"widening and deepening\", I dread the very real possibility that in coming years the people in those countries will have less and less say about things that affect their lives than they did when they were sovereign.

With that said, my heartfelt best wishes to all!

That\'s it !

00:00 here...

450 000 000 people now in Europe...

Champagne !

If you run out of Champagne there, we can always ship you some Budweiser to keep the party going. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Me? I\'ll stick with a wide variety of Pacific Northwest Micro-brews. I won\'t miss the Bud one bit!

Congratulations!

Hopefully, you will now serve as a non - hostile counterweight to the arrogant policies adopted by my country. America had it\'s chance to be the light of the world, but thanks to Bush, and a lot of ignorant Americans, the mantle of freedom and liberty may fall in to your hands. Do not let the idea of America die with us, rather, hold it in trust until (and if) we can return.

Thank you and all the best,
    Brian

I too am waiting for the day that the European union really stands up to the USA. But unfortunately Europe is showing some signs of similarity to the US government. Viva Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    why isn\'t Norway in the EU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Norwegians have a high standard of living (as long as they have oil)
    compared to a lot of E.U. countries
    They wouldn\'t want to mess up with that...

Oh... Some shiny stars, here...

[ QUOTE ]
    Think of each one as a bottle of good Napa Valley chardonney from your good friends in the U.S.!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I have to say that... hum... I can’t drink alcohol...

Oh, yes.

I know...

It’s a shame to do not drink alcohol for a good musician...

And for a French...

Well, let’s say I’m a bad French, will you ?

Thanks.

But I keep the stars...

And... yes, well... for an EU military, and so, diplomatic alternative, you will have to wait 20 more years, I guess. The European army is not yet a reality, but it’s on the way... (French and German really work for it...)

And... never forget that the story is not over.

In 2007 two more countries will join EU.

And, you can be sure that, before the half of this century, we’ll be around 34 or 35 countries in EU...

Well... It’s getting late here.

There is a time for history.

But there is a time for bed too...

See you later folks...

it\'s been a fabulous run up here in Ireland..

most of the big companies i know have been giving presents.. taking for meals the colleagues that are members of the new 10 countries..

we have a Polish bass player in the orchestra that i play in.. he had a TV slot set out for himself.. and he was as pround as punch..

fantastic to see

i hope it all goes really well..

i just need to stop those pain in the arse \"enlargement\" spam flodding my e.mail box now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I only hope the people in those countries are not dissappointed. With the EU talking about \"widening and deepening\", I dread the very real possibility that in coming years the people in those countries will have less and less say about things that affect their lives than they did when they were sovereign.

With that said, my heartfelt best wishes to all!

[/ QUOTE ]

I object to being subjected to centralised European decision making. Even now I am frequently irritated by EU directives which are inappropriate and damaging to our particular locality, from hedgerows and Dartmoor ponies, to medicine packaging and food supplements. To have tax and interest rates dictated centrally, and not titrated to local national needs, could be more problematical.

However, I recognise that in the longer term, presenting a unified (if not federal) political,economic,defensive bloc to the world is vital. Europe has the potential to outweigh the US as superpower. But that’s not so important. The Western world will need all the leverage it can muster together. Well within my lifetime the world’s No 1 superpower bloc will be China-Japan.

China, pop 1.2bn, has the human and mineral resources to outweigh the whole of the Western world. Its mushrooming economic development is being given an enormous leg-up by Japan, economically (over $ 25bn in the last 20yrs) and technologically.

Japan’s outward rhetoric is still as a close US ally, but it is counting the days to the time that it can give the US the finger. Having put old and bitter animosities behind them, China and Japan have, surreptitiously, been building close diplomatic and economic ties over the past 30yrs. They already share cultural heritage and outlook. In terms of resources they are perfectly complimentary and pretty self-sufficient. Japan now imports twice as much from China as from the US.

My big worry is what effect China\'s ascendancy will have on our planet. If the US is a mega-consumer and emitter, this is a spit in the ocean of puke that China will be throwing up at this rate. It has shown little evidence of environmental consciousness. A couple of other economic super-powers to frogmarch China to the eco-table will be vital.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast