• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: So has anyone Done a good Rock/Metal Guitar Librar

Share/Bookmark

So has anyone Done a good Rock/Metal Guitar Librar

y Yet? If so, Could someone drop a link?.. I\'m interested In seeing if anyone has successfully done a Rock/Metal Library.. I treid a while back, and the distorted guitar became really synthesized once mapped to gigasampler... If noone has, I think I\'m ready to try and figure out the problem, and produce a Rock/Metal library complete with lead, rythm, A complete library... Thanks in advance...

PS. I\'ve been playing Rock/Metal/Jazz/Classical/Blues guitar for about 20 years

Re: So has anyone Done a good Rock/Metal Guitar Li

I haven\'t yet heard any that doesn\'t completely suck don\'t waste your money on any of the current libs.

Thanks Jerry, That\'s all I needed to know.... I\'m determined to figure this out.. I\'m on a mission Now, Wish me luck, I think I might need it..LoL

Most of the distortion guitars seems to have a heavy pick at the start of the sound in some that I have. A solo would not sound smooth.

Re: So has anyone Done a good Rock/Metal Guitar Librar

for solos VSL\'s overdrive sounds impressive.

for rhytm its not my cup of tea in the demos. However I think it could be made to sound pretty amazing.

In Some Solo\'s, The Pick at the beginning is good, depending on what type of sound you\'re wanting.. I did hammer-ons when I first tried doing a lead sample, and it turned out pretty good that way, except that, like everyone else trying to do one of these lib\'s, The distortion kinda gets dull, and sounds more like a car horn.. If I succeed, you can be garauteed I will do it both ways... But your input is valuable to me, so, if anyone esle wants to comment on what they didn\'t like about other rock guitar libraries, I beg you to please post it here, I can\'t tell you how much that will help in the end.. I am determined to make this happen... Not just for money but, Because anytime I think something can\'t be done, I have to prove to myself that it can be... Now, My rythm stuff turned out decent, It\'s the lead, and harmonics that are gonna give me a hard time..

Yeah, I just found some demo\'s of the VSL Library, I must say, Impressive! they did a really good job on the lead part of it too... The Chugging leaves a little to be desired but, Very impressive... Well, I don\'t know if I even need to do a library at this point, It seems VSL is doing a pretty decent job of it.. I mean, I could do a Metal Library, (Metallica-ish) But, That\'s not usually practical in what most composers use is it? I mean, To only have a Metal Library prolly wouldn\'t be even profitable would it? I do all my own guitars in my compositions that call for guitar, So I really don\'t need it... Someone give me a reason to do one!..LoL

Well Actually,

The Q/L 56 Strat imported into Kontakt with some tweeking of the envelopes and filters combined with amplitube (and Rythm&chords from Music Lab for strumming effects), works real well. The only way to do it is with clean,unprocessed samples then mutilate them with \"the Tube\". Believe me...it works!

DrumKit From Hell Superior + Hardcore Bass + 56 Strat through Amplitube = Metal

Some assembly required. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brian

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I mean, I could do a Metal Library, (Metallica-ish) But, That\'s not usually practical in what most composers use is it? I mean, To only have a Metal Library prolly wouldn\'t be even profitable would it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Because kids like linkin park and that\'s the way it goes (well that\'s one of the ways that are going). If a kid \"construct\" an arrangement with a metal guitar library, it will have its own style, a style that differs from which there are real guitarists playing. It\'s a style that exists right now when we hear another song that has mechanical and repeating powerchords or solo riffs.

Among the guitar library I own, I think VSL Overdrive is good for some kind of solo. The Les Paul Powerchord in Sonic Implants\' Amps & Pickups vol.1. is good too. Qutuam Leap \'56 Strat can produce amazing effects with, well, good effects. And one thing less mentioned is the Roland XV-5080, the patches of which are programmed by Spectrasonic\'s Eric Persing (the creator of Atmosphere, Stylus and Trilogy). The patches he creates are highly playable, and very convincing too in a mix if played well.

One of my good friends engineered some for Everclear. Ya know, most of the time how they record those guitars is by filling an entire live room with amps and mics, both close and room, then they sit there and tweek the mix until they find a good sound.

That would be a great way to compile a library. Just run all those mics straight into Pro Tools, record straight bar chords, notes, riffs, and then tweek the mixes afterwards.

Make an IR for the room so it always sounds live.

If somebody could go ahead and sort of...do that....that would be great.

K...thanks

Go Back to forum