• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GIGA 3: Let The Countdown Begin

Share/Bookmark

GIGA 3: Let The Countdown Begin

May 1: Ok, it may be too early to expect this today, but I\'m counting off now - One! One day to GIGA 3! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha .... (Hmm... no thunder and lightning yet...)

Re: GIGA 3: Let The Countdown Begin

[ QUOTE ]
    May 1: Ok, it may be too early to expect this today, but I\'m counting off now - One! One day to GIGA 3! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha .... (Hmm... no thunder and lightning yet...)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hi Nhick.
    Just curious, because I\'m completely unfamiliar with Gigastudio...
    Are there specific features you\'re looking forward to in 3.0? Looking at their brochure I see a couple that look interesting (controller rules in particular). My only real experience with software samplers is Kontakt (and I like it so far). Is there an advantage to having more than one type of sampler? Libraries? I\'ve not tried to import many libraries into Kontakt, although I did import VOTA - Giga, and it was really pretty painless.
    I don\'t want to start a Giga vs other sampler thread... I\'m just genuinely interested in knowing what everyone is anticipating.

Rick

...\"what everyone is anticipating...\"

for me ReWire suppost will be the biggest thing! GigaPulse will be nice, but not as nice as ReWire support!

unlimited polyphony!!!!!

\"MIDI rules\" system
    better compression
    24bit file support
    more dimensions
    unlimited (higher) poly
    better streaming
    smaller buffers
    offline rendering (through rewire, but FX-MAX will give us this with GVA as well)
    easier \"simple\" edits
    VST Plug In support
    hopefully better envelope options

andyt

A better manual
    Re-wire streaming
    VST plug-ins

Gigapulse .... but I really don\'t know whether to believe the hype in their brochure. Is it really gonna be better then the \"best outboard gear\".

[ QUOTE ]

Gigapulse .... but I really don\'t know whether to believe the hype in their brochure. Is it really gonna be better then the \"best outboard gear\".

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe convolution is much better than the outboard gear (unless its an outboard convolution processor, then I guess it would be the same) this even goes for the cheaper (in price) convolution like Prestine Space or SIR...

linear Convolution isnt better than outboard gear Alan.

[ QUOTE ]
    linear Convolution isnt better than outboard gear Alan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the products I mentioned use Fast Fourier Transform, frequency-domain convolution, not time domain (linear) convolution...

true enough... (I think all real time convolvers are FFT) ...but that doesn\'t fix the problems with convolution and most of the actual impulse creation techniques (and impulses captured in general). I think you miss my meaning.

what I\'m looking for is dynamic convolution, not linear, single step time based impulses/impulse captures

I\'m still interested in the gigapulse\'s, impulse creation technique in general. Is it single step impulses, or multiple step. (its got to be multiple step for the tube simulators...otherwise they\'ll NEVER be as good...it also should be possible to do, atleast, something unique with it and pristine space, since they use multiple impulse responses at once,....tho it wont ever do what a overdriven preamp will do with the limited number of impulses....atleast I think so....elipses are cool....I used them too much.....as well as parenthesis......)

I dont think it will ever be better than outboard gear. Not to mention the amount of editable options in outboard gear that you dont get in the impulsed/sampled versions. Also variable natrual things that happen in time (phasing, chorusing, etc)

we\'ll get close tho, and thats good enough for me. Not to mention more options, which..again makes me happy, but anyway

convolution discussions are best served on IRC. So no more about this from me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Giga 3....do we start counting in negative days after may 1st?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast