• Register
  • Help

Topic: PO Studio does not find samples

PO Studio does not find samples

Hi !

My installation of GPO is working fine, but i cannot use the predefined templates of Personal Orchestra Studio. I can load and use instruments selected via Kontakt-Player, but trying to use \"New...-> <Template>\" gives me several messages that PO-Studio cannot find the samples on my harddisk. According to the message it tries to load them from \"c:\\Program Files...\" although I have installed GPO (and the libraries) on drive f:\\
    Re-installation of PO-Studio did not help (i am using the latest version of PO-Studio).

thanx in advance

Re: PO Studio does not find samples

Hi Clayman...

I had the exact same problem. It seems you need to install GPO into it\'s default folder: C:\\Program Files\\Garritan Personal Orchestra\\ ...i.e. the one promted by the message you described.

After ecountering this problem myself, I just re-installed GPO into it\'s default folder and now it works just fine. If I understand it correctly, it\'s some sort of bug.

However, AFAIK Gary and Tom are aware of it...hopefully it will be fixed in the future.

EDITED: Or...you could do as per Twinset\'s instructions below.

Re: PO Studio does not find samples

Hi Dierk

This is a problem in the current version of Studio. It works fine if you install to the default location (ie your C: drive). I believe it\'s one of those things to be fixed in an upcoming release. Meanwhile you can do a search for the samples and load them that way. Then, once they\'re loaded save the template. Then the next time studio will go straight to the right location.

Good luck

Go Back to forum