• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first pieces I've written with only GPO.

Share/Bookmark

My first pieces I\'ve written with only GPO.

These are two short pieces I\'ve written with GPO only and one free Anwinda Hi-Contort plugin. I plan on making both of the pieces longer but I\'ll make no illusions to the sound. This is the best I know how to mix and master so I wont cop out and say \"this is a rough mix\". It\'s not. It\'s the best I can do with my current level of knowledge and tools at my disposal. I\'d Love some feedback on the orchestration and overall sound. I dont have a background in this type of music but I\'m gonna make one eventually Just keep plugin along. Anyway, here they are. Be gentle. Hehe. Conclusion and Gpo Filmic

Eric

Re: My first pieces I\'ve written with only GPO.

Eric,

You certainly have your MIDI technique down. I think realism comes mostly from the person\'s technique, not the samples used (believe me when I say I\'ve heard VSL sound like total crap in the wrong hands). Your compositions were very pleasant to listen to, from a realism standpoint and a compositional standpoint.

The mix sounds good too, but just a little muddy. Maybe use some EQ\'ing or mastering software to brighten it just a bit. But that\'s just my opinion.

Anyway.. really impressive stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice. Really. Reminded me of Dances with Wolves a little; the music complementing those wide open prairie landscape shots. This is movie-worthy music.

Bob

Thanks folks,
    I appreciate your comments and I\'m glad that you liked the music. I\'m trying to translate some other pieces into GPO pieces but it certainly take time to change sequences of XP-30 and Virtuoso to GPO. I had never written for particular sections before GPO. I was always playing big wide string and brass parts that extended the whole pitch range of the keyboard. This is much better in a weird and productive way. Just takes a bit more thought and time. Thanks again.

Eric

This is my first post in this area of the Forum.

In mid-December, I started with Cubase SX and HALion (and was then still using voices from my Korg Triton Studio coming into Cubase SX).

Then I got the Garritan Orchestral Strings (LITE) and the Wizoo Platinum Grand 24 (piano) and recently added the Garritan Personal Orchestra.

I\'ve posted a page on my personal website that my intention is to have the \"latest\" things on there pretty much at all times. Right now, it contains 7 pieces which date from as recently as April 23 to the present (with one early GOS piece from March as well). There is an email link to send me a private comment (if you should wish) or you can leave me a PM here or in a post if you want to share you comments with the rest of the community.

Here\'s the KFT Music Preview page . Feel free to bookmark it and come back from time to time to see what is new. I have provided comments on what combination of sample sets were used in most cases and a list of instruments in some cases as well.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] kev

Go Back to forum