• Register
  • Help

Topic: Link to hear opus 1

Share/Bookmark

Link to hear opus 1

Hi all,

Does anybody know links to hear mockups with this Library (I found only one on the vsl\'s site).
    Thnaks in advance.
    Did.

Re: Link to hear opus 1

Hi Didou!

I have made two small mock-ups with Opus 1 that you can hear..

Rachmaninov 2nd Symphony 3rd movement
    It is only the first half minute, but it can give a little impression of the possibilities with string melodies.

Carl Nielsen: Woodwind Quintet, 2nd movement
    A chamber setting that displays the legato winds with the performance tool.

Best wishes.

Hi niklas,

thanks for posting those demos. Very convincing !
    Is it the dry sound of the instuments or did you used a reverb on your mix ?
    Thanks again.
    Did.

There are several user-demos on our site, showing some of the possibilities working with Opus 1 --- for example:

http://vsl.co.at/english/demos/User_demos/Antongiulio_Frulio/Main_Titles_%2D_Opus_1.htm

http://vsl.co.at/english/demos/User_demos/Mathis_B%2E_Nitschke/Orchestral_Drama_%2D_Opus_1.htm

... and I\'m sure there are more.

The timbre and overall-sound of Opus 1 is the same as the ProEdition.

HTH,

Cool legato woodwinds demo! Could someone tell me if the instruments in Opus have less velocity layers than in the full versions?

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi niklas,

thanks for posting those demos. Very convincing !
    Is it the dry sound of the instuments or did you used a reverb on your mix ?
    Thanks again.
    Did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Did! I´m glad you liked it. Both examples had reverb added to them from an impulse response source. The first from Sound forge´s acoustic mirror with the GOS hall and the chamber piece was enhanced with the free SIR plugin.

All VSL samples are very dry, which IMO makes good promises for using them with Gigapulse in GS3 (whenever it will surface [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] )

BTW As far as I know the velocity layers are exactly the same in Opus 1 as in Pro Ed.

Thanks for all those informations !
    Did.

Go Back to forum