• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Where do you see the future of sampling?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Physical Modeling of/and Actual Sample Data

36 67.92%
  • Terrabytes of Articulations (loads of actual sample data)

12 22.64%
  • Other (please feel free to make a prediction)

5 9.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Would you like to see DIVA in GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Would you like to see DIVA in GPO?

I voted, but I\'m not sure what the question is??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Do you mean:

a) if I own Diva, I could load it into GPO like another instrument

OR

b) a Diva add-on to GPO, like the fabled big band...

Dasher

B

Great- that was what I was hoping for...

Dasher

Hmmmm,
    what is the point in this ?
    Of course it would be \'nice\' to have DIVA in there... but quite honestly where would it stop... I\'d like a set of Bag Pipes in there too, and while you\'re at it a mandolin, guitar and Bodhran would be great!

Lets be practical here.. GPO is a sampled orchestra, add ons should be specific to orchestral elements.

There are lots of shades of grey in this debate a simple Yes/No, Black/White, is a bit too simplistic.

So.. what\'s your point?

If this is so, will we still need Full Kontakt player?

[ QUOTE ]
    If this is so, will we still need Full Kontakt player?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it would run like all the other instruments.

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets be practical here.. GPO is a sampled orchestra, add ons should be specific to orchestral elements.

[/ QUOTE ]

So should we not include a choir then, or how about scrapping the Jazz add-on?

One musician\'s orchestra is never going to be the same as another\'s. Thus, the add-ons, so you can customize your orchestra. If you don\'t need a classically trained female soloist in your orchestra, than don\'t purchase the DIVA add-on (if we decide on one).

Personally, I am working on a rock opera and would kill for a few decent electric guitars and basses programmed along side my other GPO instruments... (not to mention some Dream Theater-esque drums).

[ QUOTE ]
    So.. what\'s your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of this poll is to see whether or not we should spend the time and money reprogramming DIVA as a GPO instrument, or just leaving her in her current format (full Kontakt, Giga and HAL).

So, yes it is that black and white... would you like to see DIVA in GPO?

Yes, but I think there are a lot of people that feel the same way I do, that I want GPO to become what other libraries have not: The go to solution for most types of music. I think the interface and control system is genius and can be utilized for all kinds of instruments and lends itself well to add-ons and updates. I would rather see GPO get larger while maintaining the streamlined aspect of its construction; meaning that adding more instruments but keeping the idea of GPO the same (more with less, quality without quantity). I am all for more instruments and add-ons that keep in the same vein as what we are using all ready.

Exactly Joseph, Diva would be put on the Atkins diet so she could fit into GPO... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Frank has a great collection with DIVA, but she is currently at four discs for the complete DIVA bundle, and this is way too much to fit into GPO... that\'s where Tom\'s genious comes in, and where we make a few articulations real-time instead of seperate patches...

DIVA would operate just as any other GPO instrument...

Go Back to forum