• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GOS lite

Share/Bookmark

GOS lite

OK, here I am three hours from quitting work and my wife called and says your package from Garritan is here. I think she is just about as excited. NOW HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO GET THROUGH THESE LAST HOURS!
    I still need full kontakt though right? Shighst! No problem.

Many many thanks Garry! Boy, that was fast! My wife says some guy in a red sailors shirt, white sailors pants and hat delivered it and said, \"from the Professor and Marianne\" and something about a deserted island with seven others and being in a hurry to get back.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: GOS lite

Lucky man.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]....let us hear results then.........

Yep, The Garritans and USPS are fast. I ordered mine last Wednesday and got it Friday morning; all the way a crossed the country. Wow! Can’t wait until after next week to install it.

Hey Karl,
    I\'ve been meaning to tell you that my twin brother has a Gibson guitar marked The Gibson Serial No 2! It was appraised at 8 0r $900 due to the bridge was altered or something.
    I always see your pic with the guitar and just thought to tell you.

After next week? How come you have to wait till then?[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

$8 or $9 thousand maybe...There\'d have to be a lot more wrong with it to take it to $900.
    I\'m not a guitar appraiser but it seems like it would have to be worth at least a few thousand.

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, here I am three hours from quitting work and my wife called and says your package from Garritan is here. I think she is just about as excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, which alternate universe did your wife from? I\'m sure mine will express the general attitude of 99.99% of all spouses upon seeing the box arrive on the doorstep, i.e., \"What in hell are you spending our hard-earned cash on NOWWWW?\" Personally, I think UPS could make a mint if they instituted an optional \"spouse avoidal delivery policy\"--i.e., they\'d leave the package in a agreed-upon hidden location your wife would never think to look (like the woodpile).

Jeff in Boston

Guess I\'m in the lucky 1% with a wife that thinks my hobbies are cool. In fact, she encourages me to buy more stuff than I typically do: it\'s a hard fight to part me from my money, as I can\'t stand the thought of buying software and not finding enough use for it! With a physical instrument that\'s okay, \'cuz you I can always resell it (and I buy the majority of my hardware stuff used anyway: smaller depreciation).

- m

I\'ll let everyone here in on a little secret. No I won\'t! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    You hear people talk about their \"soul mates\"? I never thought about it till I met my wife. In the years we\'ve been together we have gone through so much they could write a motion picture about it. Yet, she loves what I am and who I am and I can\'t be me without her. Let\'s put it this way. I would give up all of this just for her and she knows it. Yes, she sometimes wonders what all this stuff is but she never discourages me. In turn, I take care of her like gold! But, it\'s unexplainable what we share in any words. We have fun together! Laughter and joking around with each other is priceless!
    Now back to GOS lite. Awesome so far from what I am reading. This is a string lovers dream come true. I can\'t wait to get the full kontakt player and start composing (or decomposing). I never truely realized what Gary and his helpers went through to make up this library. Extensive and very comprehensive. Awesome job Gary and hats off to all that were (are) involved.
    I don\'t think I have that many years left to learn all this. But I\'ll try! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

\"I took a train once but they made me take it back\"! - What famous person said this? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

What do I know I\'m a drummer! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My wife is also very supportive of my creative efforts, but when it comes to buying equipment/software/upgrades, etc., I have to convince her that it is worth it in addition to what we already have. But she says I am very good about what I buy, so she trusts my judgement in that regard.

I still have to let her know about any purchase and its expense, though, which is probably a good thing, as otherwise I\'d be buying all kinds of guitars, programs, microphones, soundcards, etc., and we\'d be living in a box underneath a bridge. But what a music setup that box would have! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum