• Register
  • Help

Topic: Popping Fixed

Wilton, NH

Popping Fixed

Last week I put up a post about the popping problem I had with my new EMU 1212 card. I fixed it and do I feel embarrassed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I’m a computer nerd so I know to always have the latest patches. I downloaded all of the patches for the EMU card but I must not have installed them. I installed them and there was a huge improvement.

I still get a little popping when I use the default 50 ms latency, but not nearly as much as I used to get. I\'m no longer about to reprogram my computer with a sledge hammer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

West Seneca, NY

Re: Popping Fixed

Pop Pop Click Click OH What A Relief it is!..Pop Pop Click Click OH What A Relief it is!..Pop Pop Click Click OH What A Relief it is!..Pop Pop Click Click OH What A Relief it is!....... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I\'m surprised you had a problem. EMU has been slipping in quality for the last couple years now. I am thinking of buying one for my new PC, but maybe I\'ll just keep my ECHO Mia card. It\'s been pretty good lately after tweaking XP some more.

Funny you mention that. I came on this site tonight because I\'m getting popping and clicking...on my 1212M. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Time to go upgrade.

To follow up, I think mine was purely a latency problem. I can do fine as long as I\'m running just one instrument even at 6ms. If I bump it up to the 20 instruments plus range and don\'t want popping, I\'d better bump the latency up--A LOT. Like 100 ms.

Try loading the ASIO4all ASIO driver which is available from

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ASIO4ALL

It may improve things..

Since I reinstalled Windows last weekend and reloaded everything on my computer, I\'ve had a heck of a time getting the sound to work consistently without stuttering, etc. It worked perfect before, using 512 as the buffer size on my ASIO driver (Echo Mia card), but now I can\'t seem to get it to work right, even with higher buffer sizes. I\'ve tried reloading the drivers, etc. I\'m not even asking for help here, really... I\'m sure I\'ll get it together. Just need to grumble about it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

We hear you man......

and know the feeling ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(knocking on wood) It seems to be okay now, and back at 512. But I\'ve thought that before, and next time I go in to do some work, it\'s crap again. Hopefully I\'ve got it all together this time! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum