• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga3 questions

Share/Bookmark

Giga3 questions

Would anyone happen to know if Gigastudio 3 will be able to have any kind of tuning options in the way Kontakt does? Where you can change the tuning by -/+ 12 semitones on the fly?

Also will giga 3 have any kind of loop slicer or time machine type effects?

Thanks for any information.

Re: Giga3 questions

\"Would anyone happen to know if Gigastudio 3 will be able to have any kind of tuning options in the way Kontakt does? Where you can change the tuning by -/+ 12 semitones on the fly?\"

Several options for tuning and fine tuning. There is a keyboard transpose rule that can be applied to instruments and there is fine (cents) and coarse tuning (semitones) as in the current GigaStudio on each MIDI channel and each sub MIDI channel (for stacked instruments). Also, there can be tuning templates that can be put on an instrument in the Editor. You can instantly zap an instrument with middle eastern tuning for example.

\"Also will giga 3 have any kind of loop slicer or time machine type effects?\"

I\'m with you. This is the only thing I use NI products for at this point.

Hopefully a 3.x update will cover that but the initial 3.0 does not have time machine or beat slicers yet. Its one of my main requests though to have this feature or some way of routing or hosting a VST instrument that does it. One thing is for sure, if they make one in house, the quality will probably be the best out there. Programer Jim will not sleep until his DSP toys are perfect! There are already plenty of time machine products out there so they focused their efforts on the hard corps sampling power and convolution & other features.

Cheers
    Dave

Sounds great David. Thanks for the info!

When I was at NAB, I saw the tuning features in clear view. They worked too! Yet another nice improvement.

Go Back to forum