• Register
  • Help

Topic: Killzone on the E3

Killzone on the E3

Hi Guys,

If you\'re going to the E3, have a look at the Sony stand for Killzone on the PS2.
    I\'ve been working on this game for a while now (doing both the music and the sounddesign), so have a look and tell me what you think!

Due to my schedule I can\'t unfortunately attend....maybe next year...

Re: Killzone on the E3

I\'ll be there. I\'ll give you my honest opinion [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Although, E3 isn\'t the best place to listen to sound, unless the booth designers made a special effort, cause all the booths are competing for attendees\' ears as much as they compete for floor space. Subsequently, E3 is LOUD!

I already like the name though, so that\'s a start. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yup, if it\'s anything like the ECTS in London, you probably won\'t hear sh*t
    There are however presentations throughout the day in a special booth (with a surround setup), don\'t know if these are for journo\'s only though.

Anyway, while I\'m on a shameless plug:

The sony stand shouldn\'t be too hard to miss though, I\'m told our game has a pretty big display.

I have to drop by the Sony booth anyway so I will check it out.

Yeah, E3 makes NAMM sound like a sundy social. Just imagine everybody in the world playing their own favorite music at full volume. Then throw in sound effects, like explosions and gunshots. Now add a lot of Las Vegas glitz and glam eye candy with a boatload of booth babes and multiply by 10. Yeah, sorta like that only louder.

My first impressions of the game are that it looks and sounds great. I also saw the trailer with the marching, plus one with game play. Very nice sound design, sounded completely as though I was there! Also from the small snipets of music I heard it sounds like a great score.

Keep up the great work. This game should do very well.

Hey Wayne,

Thanks a lot for the kind comments.
    The trailer was a rather quick day-and-a-half job with a rather weird edit that made doing the music rather difficult. It wasn\'t cut to any tempo so finding the right pace to do music at was quite daunting.

I\'ve been working on this game for quite some time but only now can I actually say anything about it since it has been officiallly announced
    So excuses for the shameless plugging!

The score will be a full orchestral one which I\'ll be recording in july with the prague philharmonic. It\'s all very exciting!P

The two TimeSplitters 3 levels at E3 feature my music, and maybe also Second Sight (only did the cutscene music and I dont know if those are presented aswell.)

I WISH so much I could go

Go Back to forum