• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pitch Problems

Pitch Problems

Hi I\'ve been having rather strange problems with my gigastudio 160 2.5 recently. Basically when I play any sample say for example a middle C, it will infact sound a D, two semitones above what it should be. But when I record a Middle C and play back the wav file it will be a middle C. Now I basically use gigastudio for practising my piano stuff on so I really need to sort this. Ive tried a full format of the hard drive to sort this out, and I\'ll just say that its now a bog standard installation of gigastudio. The midi controller has no funny transpositional settings on it either. The middle C will sound D during real time playback using the external controller and both the virtual keyboard in gigastudio. Im racking my brains here any help would be greatly appreciated. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Pitch Problems

A couple possibilites. The MIDI channel of the piano has a coarse tune setting that is up a couple semtones.
    Or, some sample rate issue between Giga and the audio card. See if you can find those settings for the card and the Giga Settings and try to make them match and see if that helps.

As Dave said, it is more than likely the sample rate. What audio card are you using?

-- Martin

Im not aware of any sample rate settings on my soundcard which is an RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632. For Clock mode I have Autosync on, hmm not much else really I can mention. All different samples in gigastudio are the same. So Something funny is going on with the soundcard and gigastudio.

Go Back to forum