• Register
  • Help

Topic: Welcome Jeff Hurchalla as new NS mod!

Share/Bookmark

Welcome Jeff Hurchalla as new NS mod!

Just wanted to say welcome to Jeff Hurchalla as a new mod here... helping out when G man, Tom and myself are away...

Jeff is the man behind the Maestro Tools used for GOS and should be a wonderful asset here at the boards.

Welcome! (as a mod, I know you\'ve been here as a member for some time...)

Re: Welcome Jeff Hurchalla as new Ns mod!

Congrats Jeff! Now, don\'t go too far too fast too soon! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Now an Elite member of the \"Mod Squad\".

Re: Welcome Jeff Hurchalla as new NS mod!

A warm welcome our new moderator!

Jeff is an amazing programer and was responsible for MaestroTools and GPO Studio. He is the developer of the industry-standard Maple MIDI drivers and the Maple MIDI Tools. I am honored to have Jeff as part of our team.

FYI: Jeff lived a short time on Orcas Island where he took a job as a goat-herder.
    I think this uniquely qualifies him for the position of moderator (only KIDding) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Glad to have you here Jeff!

Gary Garritan

Bravo!!

Hi all,
    I\'m looking forward to using my powers as moderator to cause mass confusion among everyone here. Hmmm, I can move posts? cooool.

Recently, I have wandered the hills of New Zealand, programmed inventions in C++, and tended to the well-being of various animals on the isle of Orcas. Oh and I ate some Corn Pops this morning.. but now I have truly arrived. I\'ll be keeping an eye on things (as before) but now it\'s a bit more official. And of course I\'ll try to help out with any problems you might have with GPO/GOS/more.

As Gary mentioned, I did a lot of design work on GPO Studio and wrote drivers for it so that it could talk with all the programs out there. Huge credit is due to David and Seb of Plogue who actually created the majority of the program. Good guys. These days I\'m working on things so top secret things that I would be killed if I even mentioned I was working on anything top secret. Wait...

congratulations!

I would like to ask you if it\'s possible to implements a couple of things in GPO studio.
    First of all should be nice to have some controll on the modwheel and the velocity: like for example interchange them or assign the modwheel inputs also as a velocity inputs with a percentage in their value.
    I\'m using Overture SE and I\'m using mostly the moodwheel controll with solo string \"loosing\" the velocity feautures. Because the velocity should controll the attack that generally it\'s quite correlated with the volume (mood wheel) should be nice to link them.
    I also have the problem that sometimes I want to hear what I wrote with for example the section string and now they use the velocity to control the volume instead of the moodwheel so what I have to do, exchange everything?
    I think this could be a cool update.

thanks and agian congratulations
    michael

Congrats Jeff. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Rodney

Welcome back Jeff,

I thought that it would take a promotion like this to drag you back from New Zealand...the Island of Dreams. Personally I preferred the old Zealand.

BTW How old are you?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Frank

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all,
    I\'m looking forward to using my powers as moderator to cause mass confusion among everyone here. Hmmm, I can move posts? cooool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the jungle...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    programmed inventions in C++

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh, what sort of inventions?

Go Back to forum