• Register
  • Help

Topic: BAD_POOL_CALLER error message?????

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

BAD_POOL_CALLER error message?????

Anyone seen the error message <font color=\"green\">BAD_POOL_CALLER </font> when the infamous \"Blue Screen of Death\" pops up? (Is seems to happen occasionally when I\'m using GigaStudio\'s built-in \"S-Converter\" to convert Akai samples into Giga format.) It also says \"Disable BIOs memory options such as caching or shadowing.\" But, I haven\'t been able to find out how to do this in Windows XP.... (and it might not be possible) I\'d appreciate any help that ya\'ll can give me. Thanks, Gary

Re: BAD_POOL_CALLER error message?????

I normally encounter this error-message when I
    deallocate memory in my self-written kernel-
    mode-drivers twice... but if this is the case,
    there is nothing you or I could do about it -
    just Tascam ;-)

Re: BAD_POOL_CALLER error message?????

Found this here which might help :-

[ QUOTE ]

Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER

The Stop 0xC2 message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations in the following ways:

* By allocating a memory pool size of zero bytes.
    * By allocating a memory pool that does not exist.
    * By attempting to free a memory pool that is already free.
    * By allocating or freeing a memory pool at an IRQL that was too high.

This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software.

Possible Resolutions:

* A Stop 0xC2 messages might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update.
    * A Stop 0xC2 messages might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

but seems to indicate Giga as the culprit...mind you, S-Conv crashes often here too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum