• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Any luck GOS Lite with Kontakt or VSampler?

Share/Bookmark

Any luck GOS Lite with Kontakt or VSampler?

I just got GOS Lite and I\'ve been messing with it in SONAR (trying both Kontakt and VSampler).

Very cool stuff, the patches exceed my expectations.

I\'ve been having problems with some patches.

1.) in Kontakt, KS patches work just fine, but none of the MOD wheel patches will respond to the MOD wheel. I had a simillar problem with SAM Horns, until I downloaded the updated patches. Is there a way to convert the GOS Lite patches to a more compatible Kontakt format (right now I\'m just importing them directly into Kontakt.

2.) in VSampler, the MOD patches seem to work just fine, but not the KS patches. The NonVib/Vib patch doesn\'t work either. No sound comes out at all. The more standard patches play just fine, even the EXP patches.

Anyone found a way around one or both of these issues?

Thanks
    chris.

Re: Any luck GOS Lite with Kontakt or VSampler?

Interesting . . . my experience is somewhat different (and almost opposite).

I had to leave on a business trip, so I didn\'t really have enough time to see what was wrong, but none of the KS patches worked for me in Kontakt. I get an error when trying to access them (can\'t remember the exact verbiage of the error).

I\'m on a Mac (OS X), running DP 4.12. I have no other issues with Kontakt/DP either with GPO or other samples, unlike others who apparently have had some difficulties.

Anybody have any ideas? Or does Kontakt simply work differently on Mac vs. PC?

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone found a way around one or both of these issues?

Thanks
    chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chris,

I don\'t have any experience with VSampler, but I will be bulk converting some of the GOS CDs with Kontakt to see how that goes. I\'ll be sure to pick out some material that uses MOD cross-fading and will report back. In the fifteenth hour of the third day - look to the west...

::Houston has the remote taken from his hand and LOTR turned off of the TV by the better half...:: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Time for sleep,
    Houston

Are you converting them by direct import into Kontakt, or using a 3rd party utility?

Thanks,
    Chris.

If I may take the risk of sounding totally ignorant here.
    Is this problem related to using Full Kontakt? I haven\'t installed GOS lite yet due to not having Full Kontakt or another sampler.
    Just interested if this be one of the problems to watch out for.

Hi Chris. I just received GOS lite and trying it in Sonar 3 P (Vsampler). The KS patches, that I have tried, are not being triggered in the correct octave. Try hitting E0 or E1 then play some notes. Mine are triggering in octave 0. This is a problem because my keyboard only goes down to E0 (Can\'t reach C0!). Otherwise I love the patches!!

John

I don\'t even get that far. The KS patches make no sound whatsoever in VS, even when I\'ve tried hitting all the possible KS keys (in octaves 2, 1, and 0).

VSampler\'s keyboard mapping shows no KS keys, and even playing on VS\'s onscreen keyboard gets no sound.

I\'m using the VSampler that came bundled with SONAR 3. I\'ve never upgraded it (there\'s a 40 dollar upgrade to v 3.1something. Maybe that would help me?

Most of the other patches work just fine.

chris.

This may have something to do with the fact that VSampler 3.1 is still in beta. I checked the version history at their website and they say that in the latest beta release Giga keyswitching has been fixed. No word on when the final version will be available.

Sorry Chris. I should have said I\'m using the 3.1 beta. I have another thread in this forum where Fred was kind enough to point out a bug with VSampler Giga import and Mark pointed me towards (www.maz-sound.com) for more info. I am going there now.

John

Did you have to pay to upgrade to 3.1 beta?

The vsampler site\'s upgrade page seems to indicate that people who have the version that came bundled with Sonar 3 can\'t upgrade to 3.1 without paying extra. The wording is a bit confusing, so perhaps I misread it.

Thanks,
    chris.

Go Back to forum