• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Anyone tried Yellow Tools Majestic?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone tried Yellow Tools Majestic?

If someone\'s tried it, how does it compare with Trilogy? Looking for some opinions before ordering.

http://www.yellowtools.de/seiten/produkte_e/majestic/prod_majestic_e.htm

Re: Anyone tried Yellow Tools Majestic?

From the Yellow Tools website:

[ QUOTE ]
    The free tryout version of Majestic currently gets rebuilt. As soon as released you will be able to download the new tryout version here!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not, but I do have Culture. The have done a good job in Culture with the samples and realism and their updates suggest they are interested in customer satisfaction.

I will mention that the instillation process is a pain. In addition to a dongle, you have to install java and run a program. Send that serial number to them for another number which allows their product to run. It didn\'t go smoothly for me, but they had excellent customer service to help me through.

Just a thought

Take Care

Eric Persing programmed Trilogy with a few ingenius \"stops\" in the upper register to prevent the infamous machine gun effect of playing the same note in rapid succession. He also programmed it with alternate finger picking (up-down) as well as alternate fingers for more realism in same note picking. The others may have something like this - you may want to check. Other than that the sample quality shoot out is relatively even imho.

Good news for people that already own one of YT products is that you don\'t have to get another dongle in order to run another of their libraries. One dongle enables users of several YT products to run together in your computer...

I hope I\'ll be able to say more about Majestic in a few days : I ordered it.
    I, in fact, was the first one to blame them and to submit inquisitive posts on their -sleepy- forum, because of the ever-again-delayed release, because of the lack of news....

but well, it seems I\'m not the bad guy.... and I do need new basses !!
    What I can say so far, is that both Y.T\'s Electric Pure Basses volumes cds are very good IMO : many useful articulations, good sounds.
    So I hope that the new basses, and Majestic\'s engine, are at the same level of quality, plus the arrival of promising features like legato and alternation...
    One thing which worries me is the lack of streaming, which can be a drag with such big libraries (they give us a bonus : a 2,5Gb upright... but try to play that from ram !).
    They say it will be provided in a future upgrade, but about this, I\'m a bit skeptical.... given the time they needed to release Majestic without streaming, how long will it take now for streaming to be really made ??

Hi,
    let me try to answer most of your questions:
    Majestic comes with 16GB sounds on 4 DVDs. The content of the yellow tools \"Pure E-Basses\" Series is less than 15% of the total size.
    We also made the installation process easier. There is no Java or other additional installation required since the Majestic is already activated on the authorization key: -> just install the software and the sounds and play. You do not have to activate the product first.
    We also started with the MVI \"Loyalty Edition\". MVIs of this series are 299.00 EURO instead of 399.00 EURO. All User who already own a MVI with our authorization key can purchase these versions (the Loyalty Edition MVIs do not contain a key. There is an activation code inside the package. With this code you can activate Majestic on your key. You can do that online or by e-mail). Culture and Majestic are already available as Loyalty Edition and also the other MVIs will follow. We also offer a Majestic crossgrade for all Pure E-Basses users. You can save up to 47%!
    The upright bass of Majestic is in total 2.5GB large. This does not mean that a single Layer/patch has this size, so you do not need 2.5GB free RAM to load and play this instrument.
    Majestic 1.0 is not streaming (but believe me, this is no problem at all). We will add the streaming technology with one of the first updates very soon.

Please check out our website and the product pages of Majestic to get all information on Majestic, the yellow tools \"Loyalty Edition\" and the Majestic crossgrade.

Best

Christian

Anyone know if Majestic includes any bass samples with flatwound strings?

[ QUOTE ]
    Eric Persing programmed Trilogy with a few ingenius \"stops\" in the upper register to prevent the infamous machine gun effect of playing the same note in rapid succession. He also programmed it with alternate finger picking (up-down) as well as alternate fingers for more realism in same note picking. The others may have something like this - you may want to check. Other than that the sample quality shoot out is relatively even imho.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The fact that Trilogy does not require a dongle made it the clear shoot out winner for me. Eric is also very generous with upgrades, as we are seeing with Stylus.

Ditto what Tarkio said - I\'m in the market for bass sounds as well. With such high-quality products like Trilogy available, I\'m not even considering Yellow Tools dongleware.

--Eric

Go Back to forum