• Register
  • Help

Topic: The best Sequencing and Mixing Software!

Share/Bookmark

The best Sequencing and Mixing Software!

In your opinion

Which sequencer is the best for Gigastudio on the same PC.

Logic Audio, Cubase, or Sonar?

I have Sonar, excellent but dont like the Auio Mixing or editing capabilities

2. What would you recommend as a good Mixing and editing Program? (Vegas or Cool Edit Pro)

Please be strong in your opinion and your experience with these software as far as usability and quality.

Thanks

I need you to share some light, its Dark in here!!

[This message has been edited by caveman (edited 11-24-2001).]

Re: The best Sequencing and Mixing Software!

Caveman,

I used to be a die-hard Mac/Protools user, then became a PC/Cubase user, until a friend turned me onto Logic. Logic, to me, is far superior to anything I\'ve previously used, both in its midi capabilities, stability, and in its audio mixing functionality. Its midi environment interface takes a bit of getting used to - for fully taking advantage of its capabilities - but in the end I think you\'d agree that Logic rules as both a midi sequencer and for audio mixing and editing. I\'ve never checked out Sonar, Vegas, or Cool Edit Pro, but I do highly recommend Logic, and of course Giga is awesome. The two together are unbeatable. Have someone who knows Logic show you some of the tricks - its manual is a bit tedious.

Hope this helps........

Which sequencer is the best for Gigastudio on the same PC.

Logic Audio, Cubase, or Sonar?

I have Sonar, excellent but dont like the Auio Mixing or editing capabilities

2. What would you recommend as a good Mixing and editing Program? (Vegas or Cool Edit Pro)

Please be strong in your opinion and your experience with these software as far as usability and quality.

Thanks

I need you to share some light, its Dark in here!!

[This message has been edited by caveman (edited 11-24-2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

For audio, Samplitude is awesome. Very easy destructive and non-destructive editing, great FX, fast and clean.

However, its midi capabilites are pretty much useless beyond reading midi files.

I use Cakewalk for midi through Giga and into Samplitude.

Lucas

can you explain the process how you
    use Cakewalk for midi through Giga and into Samplitude.

Caveman

You asked for the best?

Logic Audio Platinum 4.81 sweeps away all other sequencers (including Cubase VST 5.1) it\'s massive but also the most expensive available. EXS24 is also shaping up in terms of libraries

LA also works as a bliss with GS 2.2/2.5, just create a new instrument and assign it to a GS port, this way GS becomes a full blown VSTi instrument

Asking the same question differently:
    What sequencer integrates/cooperates best with GS160?

I just started using Sonar with GST 160. Works *incredibly* well, and I\'m running both on the same system. (Athlon XP 1600+, KT133A, 1GB Ram, many 7200 rpm hard drives, Windows 98SE.)

Hi Caveman, to answer your question:

For now I have everything on one computer. I start with Cakewalk and Giga and do all the midi recording. I then capture each track to the hard drive. Then they get imported into Samplitude.

In Samplitude I can mix, pan, add effects etc. and then burn to CD. It\'s a very flexible program for audio and is loaded with effects.

You can download a trial version from www.magix.com. I believe the current version is 6.0.

I have Vegas Video (I think most Vegas versions are basically the same). IMO it\'s not meant or even suited for serious mixing.

If you can, go for Logic, definitely one of the top programs for sequencing and integrated audio. The upcoming version 5 seems to have a lot of new features and overhauls in the mixing/automation part.

Logic is practically the same on Mac and Windows. From my perspective as user interface designer, I think the interface is quite ideosyncratic and inconsistent, but functionally it is huge, complete, stable, etc.

Go Back to forum